Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2016, 05:26 PM

Some photos!

I've taken so many photos lately, so I wanted to share a few I took recently. I just love these dogs so much.

Ben is my hilarious crazy Border Collie (mix? maybe?). He leaps when running just because he can.

Dahlia, of course, is my best girl. We've had her for almost 8 years now so she's probably about 10ish. She's recovered rather nicely from Vestibular Disease and is back on her feet chasing Ben!

My rock stars.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Apart from the picture content don't think many realise how hard it is to combine black and white in the same photo. Either the white gets what is called "blown out" or the definition in the black is lost. The above pictures have managed to combine both remarkedly well. Not easy by any means even with editing.

So congratulations on the above and well done Crysania
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Thank you! It is SUPER hard and it's taken me a long time to get even close to what I think looks ok for black dogs on snow. The only really helpful thing here is that there wasn't bright sun to add to the mix!

My best solution is RAW files and Lightroom, which helps me get them looking the best I can. I'm still pretty much an amateur but having black dogs to practice on all the time has been helpful!

(It also helps that they have textured fur, so the light can bounce off them in different ways...it's harder to get pictures of smooth-coated black dogs on snow than dogs like mine!)
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Out of interest have you tried converting them to monochrome? I have had some success doing that with this kind of problem

Tip

Always work on a copy not the original
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Beautiful dogs and smashing photos
maya10delmar
New Member!
Female 

06-04-2016, 11:09 AM
Looks like they really love the snow!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-04-2016, 11:57 AM
I'm so glad Dahlia has fully recovered from the Vestibular disease, it's just over a year since our Rianna had it and she's been fine as well. Our vet said sometimes it just hits once and they never get it again, I do hope that is the case with Dahlia.