View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Hi June we cross posted so have only just read your long post. I love walking my dogs but there is always a sigh of relief when I arrive home if we've had a pleasant walk without loose dogs racing over I hope you manage to get some of that wood ... a good idea to stockpile while you can. When we had out fir tree cut down we didn't want the wood as its not good in a wood burner so got the men to cut it up small and leave it on the grass verge. The whole lot had gone within a few hours. We also manage to get a lot of wood out of the river as being on the outside of the lowest bend of the whole of the Thames, we often get logs wedged between our frontage and the boat. Once dry it burns fantastically but more importantly its FREE See you later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Afternoon June those logs sound good if you can manage to get some.
Enjoy the spend up at Asda.

Well got the box took passport and credit card bill with me as ID but didn't need any she just asked me my address asked me to sign for the parcel and that was it. I am now contemplating setting it up or having a go anyway.
Dillon seems ok with the change and he is in as it now raining heavily thing is he is either pinning me by my shoulder leaning into me or sitting up and leaning his head against my face which knocks my glasses flying or as he is now his paws draped across my lap which is allowing me to continue typing. He is a little damp though. Yuk.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Lucky for me June the post office is only a couple of minutes by car and never really busy. It takes me longer to do the gates and get off the drive than it does to drive up there. Would take me much longer if I walked there.
Don't talk to me about Yodel I stopped ordering from Zoo plus because of them and Zoo plus took their side rather than mine when they botched a delivery right up.
I did make an order a few times form this address from Yodel think it was 50p to choose Parcel Force. No problems.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2014, 01:49 PM
Ok guys need lots and lots of positive for my Mark please.
He had an interview at Lidl today just round the corner from where he lives and he thinks it went quite well and he helped bring the bread delivery in surely that's got to get him the job.

I really hope he does him and Tracey really need a break living with all the worry they have. Its not as either of them don't work hard Tracey does two part time jobs at the moment as Mark has no work. I know he feels bad about this and wants to ease her work load or give her the opportunity at some point to not work for a while if she wants a break. The painting and decorating is hit and miss now and he finds it hard to earn from it so hence his decision to go back into retail if he can.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Wish Mark lived nearer, the outside of my house needs doing, a friend had some decorating done and it looks marvellous and I had a chat with them and have their number, but obviously would rather give the work to someone like Mark, but no one wants to do it
Lots and lots of good luck to Mark!!!!
I've bought Mabs a treat, have had some money put on one side just for her, but no idea what to spend it on, so have been waiting for inspiration to strike, which it has in another thread, so she is having one with the requisite label on - SHY
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm waiting for something that Yodel are supposed to be delivering as well The firm sent it out over a week ago - sent me a tracking thing but it says it can't track it at the moment. The money has been taken out of my bank as well. I've seen Yodel vans around a few times but there has been no card put through Don't know how much longer I'm supposed to wait.
Glad you had a lovely night last night JENNY. paying for it today are we
I'm glad Taff doesn't wake us up at the crack of dawn LYNN. I think he would stay in bed till lunchtime if I did. He's not a morning dog at all When I tell him to get his lead for his first walk he goes for it as though he really can't be bovvered. Come the afternoon one he's dancing about waiting for me to tell him
That woman is going to be sorry she's letting her dog do all that pooing isn't she HELENA.
I hope you're ok after that fisticuffs MYRA. Nice people you've got round there, hitting women
No rain here today. It's a bit chilly though compared to the rest of the week. Never mind though
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Morning all... bit late checking in... up and running around right off the bat this morning..

So off to walk in a bit with my friend and her mad dogs, my girls will be keeping their distance!! Thank goodness for leash laws where we walk!

Big excitement this morning, it appears I have a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers in my garden, I heard them yesterday and saw them today, I think they might be nesting!! I hope so, VERY excited!!!

Right, gotta get on with work - laters xx
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Good Afternoon all...

Poor Loki, those fits must take it out of him and you, cos I know you try to stay with him. Flippin woman, Helena, why cant she keep her dog off your boundary , I'm sure other people manage it. She will soon have the wrath of Helena bought down on her, glad the meal went well, free firewood is the best, we get a lot, eversuffering husband brings pallets home for free, not had to buy any fire wood at all this winter nice to see you are feeling much better Bev, hope the shopping trip went well, thats one thing I hate... I am lucky with parcels here, the postman will leave most things and if he really needs a signature, he leaves it with little sis, as we got the same hunky postman Good to see you are putting the girls to work TW, bless them, hope all is well with everyone else, no Tang or Eileen yet

Kacie had her stitches out this morning and the vet is very pleased with how her wound is looking. The AB's did their job brilliantly.

We haven't got rain here, Lynn, we had a small shower, didn't even get the dogs in and they are still out there.

The trick with the paper and orange peel didn't work Gordon, so I have got some "keep off" stuff, it smells quite nice, but we will see if it deters the cats from "using" that corner

The flippin phone is driving me nuts, I did some quotes for my van last night and now they all keep ringing me so not answering it unless I recognize the number!!!

Feeling quite tired as still not sleeping, but dont want to nanny nap cos then I know I wont sleep tonight....

Will nip in later, but am I deserve more tea....
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Shopping finished and fish and chips on the way home.
I've bought the scales.....they are c**p. The display stays on all the time to show the time. Why???? I've got several clocks, I don't need one on kitchen scales Imagine how long the batteries won't last. So I have packed it back up and I will change them next week There were 5 different ones and I picked the most expensive because I use them so much, trust me!
Good luck to Mark Lynn, hope he gets the job.
DD lucky you, wish I had woodpeckers in my garden.
Glad Kacies stitches are out Elaine and that all is well.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Can't believe all this heavy rain about, cos we're back to sunshine here since lunch.

Oh yes, thanks June, of course, sandcastles need flags don't they and I live on the seafront almost, I can nip down there and pick a load up, probably need about 50 at the rate this dog is going

Talking of Yodel, my last couple of deliveries used this fantastic company whereby you track his progress throughout the day, so you know exactly when he's getting near to you and it even tells you his ETA. F4D use these people but don't know who they are. The bloke's name is always "John" so maybe that's the name they always use, I never asked him, but I did tell him I've been watching him all day and he said I should have bluddy well offered to help him then lol!

Elaine, I know the feeling, I did that with my insurance van quotes and they kept pestering the life out of me even when I'd already insured them with somebody else

Morning DD, enjoy your walk with the mad lot, and then I suppose it'll be back to work for you. I don't know what these particular woodpeckers are so I'm gonna have to Google, maybe they're the equivalent of our lesser or greater spotted's? I have one of those in this big fir tree on the front lawn, but I also have a couple of little robins nesting in that too cos they keep zooming in and out in front of me when I go down to the car. The trunk has lots of big holes in it so god only knows what else is lurking in there, maybe some squirrels.

Poor Zena, I feel so guilty not having walked her properly today but I just can't be bothered to go out again what with Dave home tonight. She'll get an extra long one tomorrow morning.

She was lying on my bed after lunch and I went for a cuddle and she was on her side, I was stroking her as she fell asleep and then she had one of those awful reverse sneezing episodes Scared the heck out of me cos she couldn't breathe of course, so I quickly tempted her into the kitchen for some cheese, which she then ate and it went. My vet told me to do that when she has these, he said he doesn't care what I give her, even chocolate, anything to relax that throat muscle or waddever it is that causes this and it worked, phew! Never had her do that when totally relaxed though and going off to sleep, although I used to have them regularly with her on her walks when she was a puppy.

Hope Dillon's ok now Lynn after his chucking up and his rug phobia? I hope he likes the new arrangement indoors

I've done a long letter to my neighbours with that dog of theirs, just to warn them that if ever their dog is out the front loose and it comes after Zena and myself, there will be consequences this time, and the max fine is £5K and they could be put in prison for up to 2 years!! I'm on her case now, that nasty dog of theirs is being let out on the front again, no collar, no lead, running around and I could be walking down the side entrance couldn't I They need another warning but I'm hoping those PCO's stick to their word the other day and get somebody up there again. I've also reminded her of the DDA where it clearly states an out of control dog is "where it makes someone worried that it might injure them" and then the court states "the owner of the animal thinks they could be injured if they tried to stop your dog attacking their animal" and Zena being an animal, then that also applies, not just to a farmer! I've told her I won't hesitate to rip him off next time he goes for Zena and then there will be dire consequences when it's bitten me, not just for them, but for the dog! I'm on her case alright, along with the dog poo woman, I'm definitely in one of them today LOL

Catch you later then.
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »