Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Garlic is a natural antibiotic. I used it myself when I had some sort of infection. The dentist refused to treat it as it wasn't dental, the doctors insisted it was dental because the right side of my face had swollen up so terribly and they also refused to treat it despite me being in a hell of a lot of pain. Being desperate I googled natural remedies and came across it. Probably not going to do much against a life threatening infection but might be something to consider for lesser things that docs usually give antibiotics for.

I hope your daughter feels better soon.
Great idea thanks, I'm all up for natural remedies & I just made her chicken kiev for her dinner
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
geee so sorry Jen, I forgot!! It's in my car with my son's passport renewal (he won't be happy)
Post it on Monday promise xxx

yes I thought there were all different types with different ingredients in. They did blood tests on her, maybe we should see our own GP for a bit more clarification.
Lol no probs, just wanted to make sure it wasn't lost in the post
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 07:26 PM
What a ghastly experience for you and your daughter. I hope that she is fully recovered now.

Erythromycin nearly killed me once.........now when doctors ask if I am allergic to anything and I mention this, they usually roll their eyes and say "who isn't allergic to that one". This suggests that it is well known for causing problems.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Oh my gosh, thats really scary!

Could she have herbal medications etc? I guess shes going to have to be really careful. Poor lass.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Glad to hear she's back home and recovering, sort of, but I'm sure she'll be much better under your tlc and your home made soup!

Take a look at Colloidal silver coz it's a natural anti biotic along with a host of other remedies! I even bought a big book on nature's ab's in the hope one of them could save my life one day, but thankfully, haven't had to try any yet. I think licourice is good too, the pure stuff, not liquourice strings for the sweetie shop!

It might be worth her having a lupus test done in the future, coz just like Steph there, I'm borderline Lupus which seems to go hand in hand with this allergy to ab's. It's a very intricate blood test for this, it has to be done at the hospital and they take loads and loads of blood out of you, all in all about 10 of those fials, I remember it well coz I nearly passed out lol! Ask the quack about it when you're next down there.

Hope she improves now that she's home on the steroids.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Glad to hear she's back home and recovering, sort of, but I'm sure she'll be much better under your tlc and your home made soup!

Take a look at Colloidal silver coz it's a natural anti biotic along with a host of other remedies! I even bought a big book on nature's ab's in the hope one of them could save my life one day, but thankfully, haven't had to try any yet. I think licourice is good too, the pure stuff, not liquourice strings for the sweetie shop!

It might be worth her having a lupus test done in the future, coz just like Steph there, I'm borderline Lupus which seems to go hand in hand with this allergy to ab's. It's a very intricate blood test for this, it has to be done at the hospital and they take loads and loads of blood out of you, all in all about 10 of those fials, I remember it well coz I nearly passed out lol! Ask the quack about it when you're next down there.

Hope she improves now that she's home on the steroids.
Thanks for the info H - yes she's much better now, I've got her on multi vitamins & garlic tablets as she is prone to colds & sore throats (she also had glandular fever a fe years ago)
She hates having blood taken! both arms were like pin cushions on Saturday by the time they had finished!
She's got to go back & see her consultant who did the surgery on Weds, but that too seems to be all healing ok.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2011, 12:54 AM
I am in the same boat as your daughter cant have amoxcillin and my body reacts to metroindazole with ringing ears and dizzy spells.dentist prescribed those when u had to have a root removed that had failed to come out with tooth.i have never had the antibiotic beginning with e but if penicillin family wont be able to have that either as doctor was surprised that dentist had prescribed metroindazole to a patient with a known reaction to amoxcillin cant remember what it was as I was only little.This lupus test sounds interesting but I couldnt have it done I am a fainter especially during fasting blood tests,the gp surgery told me last time after I fainted during blood test sitting up my card was marked and id have to lay down in future. Hope your daughers ok.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit View Post
I am in the same boat as your daughter cant have amoxcillin and my body reacts to metroindazole with ringing ears and dizzy spells.dentist prescribed those when u had to have a root removed that had failed to come out with tooth.i have never had the antibiotic beginning with e but if penicillin family wont be able to have that either as doctor was surprised that dentist had prescribed metroindazole to a patient with a known reaction to amoxcillin cant remember what it was as I was only little.This lupus test sounds interesting but I couldnt have it done I am a fainter especially during fasting blood tests,the gp surgery told me last time after I fainted during blood test sitting up my card was marked and id have to lay down in future. Hope your daughers ok.
Sounds gruesome Teresa, my daughter is not good at having blood taken & her veins aren't easy to find. I have to leave the room (and I did on Saturday!) because she gets faint but also starts being really rude to whoever is doing it, telling them to leave her alone she's going home, there is no comforting her as she then starts on me - so I just walk out. Sounds mean but she is less likely to cause a fuss if I leave her alone with the nurse! When I came back she had a face like thunder & a plaster on each arm, so I just sat there nodding as she told me how awful it was!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2