Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I really couldn't have put it better myself....... take care of YOURSELF, Bev - the job can go hang...... there'll be others honey.

x0x0x
I can see where your coming from, but I do not have an OH to support me financially. I am worrying myself sick, didn't hardly sleep last night wondering how I am going to pay the rent and bills.
This has already put me 2 weeks behind with the rent and the landlord says quite rightly it has to be paid up to date within the next couple of weeks. I really don't see I have any choice.
I have to go and see my doctor tomorrow, so will explain it to her, but even she doesn't have a magic wand.
I just wonder why my whole life has been utter crap and throws one thing after another at me.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Is there nowhere you can apply for financial assistance? You need to keep a roof over your head.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I can see where your coming from, but I do not have an OH to support me financially. I am worrying myself sick, didn't hardly sleep last night wondering how I am going to pay the rent and bills.
This has already put me 2 weeks behind with the rent and the landlord says quite rightly it has to be paid up to date within the next couple of weeks. I really don't see I have any choice.
I have to go and see my doctor tomorrow, so will explain it to her, but even she doesn't have a magic wand.
I just wonder why my whole life has been utter crap and throws one thing after another at me.
Oh Bev, I know how you feel.....and I know (having done the same job as you) that if you're off you don't get paid....except maybe SSP which is a pittance.
You need to be realistic about how this will affect you and get some advice from CAB or similar as to what help is out there for you.
I know what it's like to be on your own and responsible for everything, you feel you HAVE to do stuff, but Bev you come first. Honestly, it's that old cliche of 'one day you'll look back and realise things weren't as bad as you thought' so you need to rest and try and keep stress free as much possible.
There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, even if it seems a long way away at times.

As for work, you know full well you can't care for others if you are that ill. Your employers have a duty of care to you, so will agree. they'll sort it one way or another so don't you dare go back unless 100% fit!
Plus, if your lovely oldies, who very obviously like you already, see you struggling they will worry themselves sick too.

Big hugs xxx
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3