Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
You need to know for sure that's all you need. Is there no-one near you who can help, you sound like you need someone to look after you too.
No I don't have anyone who can help and if i did I am afraid i am the sort of person not to bother anyone anyway. I have my daughter but she is working all day and during the week is working and at uni so I am not going to be bothering her as she has enough on her plate at the moment.

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
When I was ill I was abroad, I had no dogs, a small child, a husband, a driver and a houseboy, so I had nothing to do apart from rest.

Thus I did not NEED to go to hospital.

If you are on your own, you have nobody to oversee your progress (or lack of it), if you do not look after your health, who will look after the dogs......................

Please, please please, see a medical professional.
I have just tried to walk the dogs and only got to the end of the road and felt very wobbly so come back but at least the dogs have settled now thinking they have been out at least.
I am going to try and rest now as feel quite out of it, but the wheeze has eased just very painful still.
If i start wheezing badly again on laying down I will phone a doctor. I don't think I can do anything except rest I have no strength.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Blimey Bev, this sounds really awful If you don't want to do the A & E bit, why don't you go onto the NHS direct (or whatever it's called now) on the internet and answer the questions as they come up, and if it's as bad as it sounds to us, then they will ring you immediately and ask you more questions. It's all very simple, and if they feel it's bad enough, then they will send round a couple of paramedics to check you out, and it's they who decide whether or not you ought to go in, but you can always refuse (which is not a good idea!).

At least that way, you get yourself all checked out and NOW! I've done this a few times now what with Dave and his bad heads and old mum when she was here, plus myself when I o/d'd on my heart medication (unintentionally of course!). It's a brilliant service they do, even if it's just the reassurance of them ringing you back! I will ask my friend for you this morning about her pleurisy attacks, coz your doctor did say it was pleurisy didn't she? I do know she suffers very badly when she gets a bout of it, hence the reason she gets terrified when any of us have bad chests!

Sit down with a cuppa and get onto that site, if you can't find it, I'll do a link for you. Take care.xxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-10-2011, 07:14 AM
As everyone has said, you need to see a doctor as you need a proper medical check-up at the very least. Please do not wait any longer as you could get worse very quickly.

If you are trying to rest, it should help you breathe a bit easier if you are in a sitting, or a very propped up position, not laying flat, but you really do need medical attention.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
As everyone has said, you need to see a doctor as you need a proper medical check-up at the very least. Please do not wait any longer as you could get worse very quickly.

If you are trying to rest, it should help you breathe a bit easier if you are in a sitting, or a very propped up position, not laying flat, but you really do need medical attention.
Yes, definitely, totally agree about that!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Thanks H and Malka and everyone.
I have just spoken to a nurse at NHS direct and she is going to get a doctor to call me back within an hour.
Don't think Kyiro is feeling too good either as he has just refused his breakfast, which he does when he has got one of his bad tummys coming on. All I need.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

23-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Bev, when the doctor calls you do not brush off your symptoms with "oh they seem to be easing now".You are sick and you know you are sick, and you also know that you need medical attention.

Worrying about Kyiro is not going to help you, and I am now concerned that you might just lighten your own symptoms to the doctor because of worrying about him.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 07:46 AM
Ihave to drive myself down to the walk in centre they have made me an appointment for 9.45 to see a doctor. Going to go and try and have a shower now as I am not a pretty sight.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Oh you poor, poor thing I am really relieved to see you decided to call NHS. As Helena has said they are a fantastic service and can send paramedics out to your house to just check you over. They did this one night when I was really worried about Ben (and we live really out of the way) and they were so helpful and didn't mind in the least being called out - as they said, that is what they are there for.

Do you suffer from asthma?

If it is the worse case scenario and they do recommend hospital, then could your daughter look after your dogs? Are your dogs insured? They will sometimes pay for kennelling (or a house sitter maybe?) to look after them while you are hospitalised?

Are there any Dogsey members near you that could perhaps take care of your dogs if necessary?

I do hope you get seen to and can be helped at home x
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Just reading this hope all turns out for the best. Be it hospital, bedrest or a combination of the two. You need to look after youself otherwise what could have been a recovery of a week could become a couple of months.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >