View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Years later than you , get that date engraved in the loo roll holder ! If he has a sense of humour that a good gift to make you both smile !
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
We're staying on Kuredu island which is one of the larger islands. I literally cannot wait to go there!!

He's got the cufflinks - him and the groom party have got little helicopters for their cufflinks as my OH is an avionics engineer in the Navy and two of his ushers do the same job!

He doesn't have a tie pin though so will look into that! I'm also getting him a pair of socks to wear on the day that say "Incase you get cold feet"!
Love the socks idea

We are planning to get each other something but I have no idea what!! I did think that it would be fantastic if he could think he was hiring his kilt outfit but on the day his best man give him a card saying the outfit didn't have to be returned and was his.

I contacted the shop he is hiring it from but it would be £595 so a bit out of my price range unless we win some money before January (when it would have to be ordered)

I did think about a scrap book of tickets photos menus etc of places we have been like the 1st place we went for dinner the 1st film we went to see our fav take away menu etc phot from our 1st holiday that sort of idea but not sure I have kept enough ticket and receipts and momentos etc
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Love the socks idea

We are planning to get each other something but I have no idea what!! I did think that it would be fantastic if he could think he was hiring his kilt outfit but on the day his best man give him a card saying the outfit didn't have to be returned and was his.

I contacted the shop he is hiring it from but it would be £595 so a bit out of my price range unless we win some money before January (when it would have to be ordered)

I did think about a scrap book of tickets photos menus etc of places we have been like the 1st place we went for dinner the 1st film we went to see our fav take away menu etc phot
from our 1st holiday that sort of idea but not sure I have kept enough ticket and receipts and momentos etc
That's a shame that the kilt is so expensive - that would've been a great gift.

Love the scrapbook idea as well although I don't think I've saved enough mementos either!!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 08:22 AM
OMG where is the loo roll holder from!?!?? My OH is a big England Cricket fan and he would LOVE that loo roll holder! Good present for Xmas, and I am clueless as to what to get him!

I think it isn't a bad idea... Bit of fun and (toilet) humor!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
OMG where is the loo roll holder from!?!?? My OH is a big England Cricket fan and he would LOVE that loo roll holder! Good present for Xmas, and I am clueless as to what to get him!

I think it isn't a bad idea... Bit of fun and (toilet) humor!
It's from a company called The Oak and Rope Company. They also sell their stuff on Notonthehighstreet.com
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:37 AM
We did the whole wedding thing from decision to finally get married to ceremony in six weeks so we never bothered with a present. There was so much going on and so many costs that we discussed it briefly but it never went any further than that.

The day we got married was our ten year anniversary so normally we would have bought a present but that year we didn't. He couldn't have had a better present anyway

It's probably a nice touch if you have something special in mind though.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Personally don't like the toilet holder , that sort of thing will break and end up in the bin (at some point) if you are going to buy a wedding present, then buy something that will be a keepsake for the rest of his life.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2