Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 10:03 PM

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

This Saturday is going to be WORLDWIDE, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I know a few others on here have suffered losses and may have felt some of the slight taboo's still about talking about it. Or maybe you just want to remember those lost too soon, because lets face it as soon as you get a positive test you imagine yourself as a mother.

Link below for more info on the organisers:

http://www.october15th.com/
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Nice thought to post this R, no one really knows what it feels like unless they have been through it.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 07:26 AM
I'm constantly amazed at how naive I was about all of this until it happened to me.

Good link Raz and hugs to everyone who will remember on Saturday the heartache and pain it brings xxx
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I'm constantly amazed at how naive I was about all of this until it happened to me.
Me too. I didn't realise how long it affects people and as Razcox said, when you get a + test, you're expecting to be a Mother.
Lovely thought to post, it does seem taboo sometimes, so nice we have a day set aside to remember. I'll be lighting a candle tomorrow xx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Mine was only just over two months ago so it's very fresh and raw still.

I know I'll never forget and stop remembering it though.

Fingers crossed we are all Mummy's soon xx
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 11:01 AM
I was also very naive with it all, i thought it was a case of have unproteced sex, get preggers and then have a baby. Boy little did i know back then!!

3 years and 3 losses later and here we are still at square one but not going to stop trying.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 08:43 PM
*hugs* to you
It's easy to get the idea we'll get pregnant first time unprotected, I wish it was the case. Hopefully we'll all be Mummys soon
I listened to Ed Sheeran's song about his baby dying and it was beautiful but so sad.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Glad you posted this , I have 2 grown up children and had 2 miscarriages, one was at 23 wks and maybe these days he would have made it , I always wonder what would life have been for the other 2 babies I had and lost , I have told my grown up kids about this and they too appreciate we may have been a bigger family , it wasnt meant to be but it doesnt mean it shouldnt be recognised, I am grateful I have 2 wonderful children and hope all the ladies who understand have a happy future too and that we have lots of dogsey human babies in the future , things will always work themselves out and good luck to mummys of the future
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 06:58 AM
I lost my first baby at 28 weeks, I still wonder what she would be like now, she would be 37 years.

My second was born at 28 weeks and is now 28 (well she is tomorrow!)
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
I was also very naive with it all, i thought it was a case of have unproteced sex, get preggers and then have a baby. Boy little did i know back then!!

3 years and 3 losses later and here we are still at square one but not going to stop trying.
Oh but this makes me curse... the amount I wasted on flipping contraception! Thinking that if I removed my underwear without 10 Hail Marys and five layers of Durex I'd be the instant mummy of five!

6 years of infertility followed by three lost babies taught me how utterly naive I'd been on that particular front! (If I sound flippant about it all - its my sense of humour and not a sign that it doesn't still hurt)

I'm pregnant again now - and it's dreadful - all the "whens" get stolen and taken away and replaced with "ifs" - you never get that innocence and optimism back - even when I'm being scanned weekly (I love our EPU - they put you into the miscarriage/reassurance scan monitoring system at 2 losses - not three) I'm still going slowly insane that it'll all go wrong now!

I had candles lit on Saturday and have a tree in the garden I planted that flowers when the main losses would have been due (lovingly watered by the dogs ) but as usual I saw friends getting rubbish from other "friends" for putting things on their F B status and the helpful "oh you need to get over it" comments.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >