Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I am going to be the adoptive Grandma of all the Dogsey babies. I will love all your babies when they come.
Lovely xxxxx Mine's grandma wants nothing to do with him so perfect!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2011, 04:57 PM
I don't think I ever felt broody as such, we bought a house and all our money and efforts went into that and when it was done we thought we'd give having a baby a go and lo and behold was pregnant within the month, we eventually got around to getting married when he was 5 and when he was 8 we thought we'd maybe give having another one a go as I was now 34 and hit the jackpot again within the month. I did briefly consider a third attempt when I hit 42 but thought better of it Never had any morning sickness and don't have a single stretch mark so being older when pregnant doesn't give you stretch marks with my second one I was still going out running every day with my Boxer for most of my pregnancy.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I don't think I ever felt broody as such, we bought a house and all our money and efforts went into that and when it was done we thought we'd give having a baby a go and lo and behold was pregnant within the month, we eventually got around to getting married when he was 5 and when he was 8 we thought we'd maybe give having another one a go as I was now 34 and hit the jackpot again within the month. I did briefly consider a third attempt when I hit 42 but thought better of it Never had any morning sickness and don't have a single stretch mark so being older when pregnant doesn't give you stretch marks with my second one I was still going out running every day with my Boxer for most of my pregnancy.
That's fab

Last year myself and 3 of my friends were pregnant, 3 of us lost these first babies early on, we were all in our 20's but 1 of us, my friend who is 40, very healthy had a perfect pregnancy and has a perfect baby boy!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2011, 05:02 PM
I am always broody. Even at this ancient age I would love to be pregnant again.

Bit difficult though having had me innards removed though... hysterical wrecked tummy an all dat stuff!

But I am going to be a Dogsey grandma! Yeehaw!
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Aw hun, it's so hard wanting a baby but not being sure, I was broody for only a year before it was the 'right time' for us and that was hard enough!

I also had broody episodes when i was about 22, then 24 again but they passed Do you think it might pass? mine came and went? i rememeber distinctively thinking afterwards, thank god i didn't do it.

Only you know, but i'll tell you my tale...

I'm about to have my first at 28, and my hubby is 35, we've been married 6 months now. I wanted to wait till i was married, although I did get pregnant last year accidently on purpose (!?) forgot to take my pill away to Scotland for a week! But we lost that baby.

I wanted to wait till late into my twenties purely for money purposes I wanted for us both to be earning a decent wage and i only just fully qualified last year as an interpreter. My wage difference from when I was your age, to 6 years later now is nearly £15 grand, and my hubby has finally got the top job he deserves just recently. We both would have struggled so hard to do that with a baby..in fact i doubt i could have done it, my last year of training cost me over £3000. Now i can afford to take a full year off when the baby's born and go back just part-time and afford childcare etc... i couldn't handle the stress of having a baby but no money to do anything, go anywhere, buy anything, just work, work, work .

People say it might take longer to get pregnant the older you get but for us it literally happened the first month we tried, and i'd been on the pill over 10 years. Plus my hubbys a lot older haha. I've even heard friends say they don't want to wait too late incase they get stretchmarks because of their age??!!! What a load of rubbish, that's not true lol.

I'm happy i waited, even though the last year was VERY hard, i feel proud i waited and very happy and content with things right now (just the usual first time mum anxietys kicking in now, haha).

Only you can decide, people also say there's no right time but i honestly feel i've waited till a 'right time'...

Best wishes hun xxx
To be honest this has been going on for so long now I cant remember not being broody but now I actually ache where my bump would be and I get quite upset.

Im going to use the time to get myself in shape, shift the weight I want and do the same to the OH too, make him sort himself out a bit.

But god i want one so badly the topic of babies came up when we went for dinner at a mates tonight and I had to 'take the dogs out' and just stood in the garden crying.... its litterly never been this bad before

Oh i dont know, OH doesnt want a baby yet and I know that I will be throwing my plans out the window if I do get pregnant now but right now natural instinct is taking over and I cant help it

Doctors tomorrow (as ive got tonsilitus for the millionth time!) so think I might ask if theres anything they can do to help me.

Thankyou for putting up with my wingeing guys youre all fab xxx
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
To be honest this has been going on for so long now I cant remember not being broody but now I actually ache where my bump would be and I get quite upset.

Im going to use the time to get myself in shape, shift the weight I want and do the same to the OH too, make him sort himself out a bit.

But god i want one so badly the topic of babies came up when we went for dinner at a mates tonight and I had to 'take the dogs out' and just stood in the garden crying.... its litterly never been this bad before

Oh i dont know, OH doesnt want a baby yet and I know that I will be throwing my plans out the window if I do get pregnant now but right now natural instinct is taking over and I cant help it

Doctors tomorrow (as ive got tonsilitus for the millionth time!) so think I might ask if theres anything they can do to help me.

Thankyou for putting up with my wingeing guys youre all fab xxx

Aww,

You didn't say that you had tonsillitis!! Its no wonder that you are feeling really down.

You are definitely not whingeing (sp). I really feel for you.

It must be difficult to have to argue with your own feelings.

Just have a little chat to your doc tomorrow. You might need some hormone tablets. My daughter is 23 years old, (albeit in a same sex relationship), and she has just been put on the pill for hormonal reactions. Yes, I am old enough to be your mum!!!! (45 next)!!!!

Let me know how you go on love. (pm me if you want)

Debs xx
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-09-2011, 06:18 AM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Aww,

You didn't say that you had tonsillitis!! Its no wonder that you are feeling really down.

You are definitely not whingeing (sp). I really feel for you.

It must be difficult to have to argue with your own feelings.

Just have a little chat to your doc tomorrow. You might need some hormone tablets. My daughter is 23 years old, (albeit in a same sex relationship), and she has just been put on the pill for hormonal reactions. Yes, I am old enough to be your mum!!!! (45 next)!!!!

Let me know how you go on love. (pm me if you want)

Debs xx
Thanks hun, for a while I was litterally split down the middle as far as having a baby is concerend but now its more like 70% wants it and 30% is being level headed and sensible.... cant argue with natural stuff though can you! which is making it so hard.

The trouble with me going on the pill is that it makes me horrible! most hormone stuff does, was put on citalopram(sp) for anxiety around a year ago and me and the OH almost broke up because I turned into some 2 headed monster (not litteraly lol) and the pill is what started me putting on weight so dont really need any help in that department, im quite good at putting it on all by myself lol

This is the 10th time in 2 years that ive had tonsilitis... and I still dont 'qualify' to have them out!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Yes, I think you can argue with nature, especially if it's not a sensible and responsible thing to do. Same with many areas in life.

IMO, you would be wasting some of your life if you went down the baby route so very young.

Enjoy your relationship with your OH just now, save for a house, get that sorted, marriage etc if that's what you want and then go down the baby route.

You said your OH doesn't want kids just now and you have to think of his feelings on the matter as well - it may put pressure on your relationship if you were to get pregnant, then what? You might split up if he resents it and where would that leave you? A single mother with no job (you said it would more or less be the end of your business), relying on benefits? You don't really want that, do you?

Enjoy your life! You are so young!
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2011, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=Pawsonboard;2345962]Thankyou malka xxx

Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post

Me and the OH met 8th sept 2009, i moved in on the 27th sept 2009 and i want him to propose!!

Doesnt help that hes been hinting lol
You could always ask him x
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Hi Hun, Its only me.

How did you go on at the docs today?

Hope he/she was sympathetic enough to allow you to speak. Thats if you can with your tonsillitis!! I think I would be changing my GP if I had suffered that much over the past couple of years, and he isn't prepared to refer you!!

But, having said that, having your tonsils out as an adult isn't necessarily a good idea. It does get worse an operation with age.

Let me know how you went on sweet x x
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »