Our sister sites
Our sister sites
squeakzzz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2014, 02:19 PM

Roxie's improvement

Roxie's History
She is a 7 mo brindle pitbull/boxer mix. The american bullboxer.
She was homeless in the beginning of her life with a couple who owned her. Their financial crisis led them to only feed Roxie left-overs. And boy, was she skinny when I brought her in! She was also terribly abused, possibly picked on during her roaming adventures. At some point when she was 6 1/2 mo, she was taken into a shelter. That sounds like the best option for her right? Well, it was a high-kill shelter. After a week of being there, they scheduled to put her down. Puppies get the most adoptions usually, but she had pit in her. The scheduled euthanizing was delayed as there were people raising funds to place her with someone. Roxie got her second chance at life. She was placed with a young lady who had her for 3 days until she met me. Roxie took to me immediately and never left my side.

What is Roxie's life like now?
Roxie now has her own twin sized mattress as a day bed and sleeps with me in my queen sized at night. Spoiled much?
She goes on 1 hiking walk, and 2 neighborhood walks every day with 2 playtime excercises inbetween so she can build up her weight, muscles and take care of all that energy! She gets fed well 3 times a day with her bacon and cheese flavored snacks. Her new mama uses positive training techniques which has improved her confidence. And of course Roxie gets playdates with the neighborhood pooches. She is loved, spoiled, understood, fed well, sleeps well, and is as happy as can be. The other day she even left the squirrels and cats alone on our walks! She has bloomed into a goofy dog.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Loved reading that!She was meant to be with you,bless her,sure has landed on her paws xx