View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 05:01 PM
She should've thought about having a dog in the first place then. I presume she has always wanted kids, though happy to be corrected.

I'm appalled. I'm off to walk my beloved dogs before I go mental.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Rehoming a dog isn't something I'd do lightly but I can see there are times when you have to consider it, even if in some occasions its because of your situation/wellbeing more than the dog's.
Yep, life circumstances change. As long as a dog is rehomed with it's welfare very much in mind, there is no issue.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Exactly, in YOUR situation you just wouldn't have kids. Which is entirely up to you, of course.

Moon'sMum wants to have kids. She is asking about what we would do if and when we were having kids.
I know, and I've said what I would do.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
She should've thought about having a dog in the first place then. I presume she has always wanted kids, though happy to be corrected.

Bye, and mind that life doesn't trip you up on your way out
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Should something happen to me (touch wood it does not) I have several plans in place for them with people I trust to look after them properly........

I'm aware of possible redundancy etc as well which I also have plans it place to ensure my beloved dogs are very well cared for. !
Would just like to point out that this is exactly what Moon'sMum is trying to do, have plans in place should something happen that means she can no longer keep Cain.....
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Cain has Kita in him, a breed known for being very loyal and loving to their family, our baby has fit effortlessly into both my dogs lives, they definately see him as an extension of us.

Whilst my dogs don't have the history or the issues Cain has, Zeke was found as a stray and has no history of being around children as far as we know, and Keisha is a pretty naughty girl! would you not just give it a try, as hard as it might be? He might just love the baby.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 05:05 PM
I know, and I've said what I would do.
So you would keep a dog that might potentially harm your child?
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-03-2012, 05:05 PM
westi n, you sound like a very devoted dog person,that should be commended.respectfully,nice to see someone who will do what it takes, do you see your dogs as the childeren you already have? so to speek .iv got a sister who shares your opinion.dogs for life no matter what, she feels that life is all about managing your commitments...respectfully.phil
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 05:06 PM

I knew I worked when I got Kiki. She has been fine being left for years but dogs change. I think if Amanda had a crystal ball to tell how Cain would have turned out, I'm guessing her decision may have been different. I guess it's a hazard in taking on a dog that hasn't had thorough assessments or been in a foster home for weeks/months, but even then things can be missed or behaviour can be different in different situations. I certainly didn't know I'd end up with a reactive dog, Casper's adoption thread stated him to be OK, he was pictured with other dogs, he was fine with Kiki (if a bit boisterous). As it turns out, I had experience of reactive dogs and just dealt with it, but he wasn't the easy going dog I was hoping for.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 05:06 PM

You are very much entitled to your opinion, and this is a forum after all where we all share our views, different or not, but I really don't think there is any need for the OTT attitude.
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »