View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Much ado about pearly whites I'm telling you. I don't hate someone just because their views differ from mine, hate is such a nasty word. I'm on a few diff forums all of which I'm in the minority... & get along we'll with everyone as well. But I have NEVER seen the hostility towards CM as there is here. You guys DO know that your hatred gives him puplicity... right?

Hating him hurts no one but yourself, he sure isn't feeling any pain from it.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
Much ado about pearly whites I'm telling you. I don't hate someone just because their views differ from mine, hate is such a nasty word. I'm on a few diff forums all of which I'm in the minority... & get along we'll with everyone as well. But I have NEVER seen the hostility towards CM as there is here. You guys DO know that your hatred gives him puplicity... right?

Hating him hurts no one but yourself, he sure isn't feeling any pain from it.
It'll certainly hurt his wallet once the bad publicity make people realise how awful he is and stop buying his books!
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah but its not, & more people will check him out because of all this talk. But like I said, hating him only stresses you out! I have too full a life to spend that much energy on hating CM, I would make my ststement by just not watching him or buying his books.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
Yeah but its not, & more people will check him out because of all this talk. But like I said, hating him only stresses you out! I have too full a life to spend that much energy on hating CM, I would make my ststement by just not watching him or buying his books.
Oh it'll hurt eventually. He'll be in the dog house faster than you can say Barbara Woodhouse!

And trust me, I don't ever get stressed about CM. Got better things to do tbh!
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 07:46 PM
That's good, but people will hear what they want to hear unfortinately.

Like I said, I can take him or leave him.. I really don't have an opinion.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't get stressed out about CM but I do feel pretty bad and stressed out over the amount of dogs mistreated after people watch his show.

His bad publicity IS getting around and I've been hearing more and more people be critical of him. That's good.
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm not a professional & I don't have a professional motive for getting rid of him the way Ian Dunbar, or Nicolus Dodman might.

Its true that people will believe everything they see on TV (hello... Jackass, The Dudesons, Nitro Circus & even some cartoons) people want to ban what they deem dangerous to the public, that's all we need is to give the FCC more power, if people don't like it then they shouldn't watch it.
TheABCs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2011, 09:07 PM
People hear what they want to hear, Crysiania, as dogdragoness says. If you listen to what Ian Dunbar says, he will say that Cesar Milan's books are best sellers, it's in print in ID's article, but you don't seem to be taking that on board, because it is something you don't want to acknoweldge. That was one of the reasons he collaborated with him - he's successful.

Whether someone believes in his methods or Ian Dunbar's that's another topic altogether.
TheABCs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2011, 09:23 PM
So, in answer, to the topic question, I think, like a good businessman, CM has actually seen a market for a new book, and Ian Dunbar, as a businessman, has seen an opportunity to advertise his methods of training by hitching his wagon to CM's bookselling abilities. Public opinion actually has nothing to do with the launch of this book - just sound business sense from both men, although, as indicated before, it remains to be seen how the more avid of Ian Dunbar's followers take his collaboration with "the enemy".
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 09:28 PM
On his TV show I have seen him say that for behaviour he uses his method and for training he uses food. That said, he would put far more emphasis on positive methods here as he wants to make money and those methods are far more acceptable so if people see him getting results from that then surley it will sell better....
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »