Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
- I thought people might like to point out why this was the case....I too think the change is very obvious and personally (although possibly because I know the dog and the situation - being the one taking the pictures!) it seems clear cut to me....but what makes you say it....which features change your opinion of what is going on....
edited my post and answered your question
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Lotsadogs View Post
Yep will post a concluding picture soon, four images tell a much bigger picture than one!

You seem to lack confidence, but your understanding of dogs from single pictures, is really good!

Do you have dogs that play together?
Yes, always had good play going on here at home, although never on walks which seems strange to me, but it's always been the case with any of my dogs. Seeing two gsd's in full play can be quite frightening to people who aren't used to it, and I could tell instantly if it was turning into aggression, which thankfully it never has! My experience through watching this over the years, has given me great insight into reading that type of body language, but not much of any other quite honestly, especially greeting strange dogs, I really wish I could "read" more into that type of body language, it would help me loads.

Heres a spot the difference for you.....

I got that one instantly, just as Kruse has said, very different looks there and I recognise both.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 01:02 PM
I'd be interested to see what you think of the dogs behaviour in this interaction.... Who's confident, who isn't and what is friendly. I don't know much about dog body language but through experience I am learning more and more.

Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Both dogs look confident to me....although the Black one looks a bit more tense. (Tail posture very rigid, ears also look quite 'tense')

Looks like adolescent boy play to me. Might see some Humping going on, possibly quite vocal as well.

Borderline 'play', I would be watching it very carefully to make sure it did not push over the edge to a scuffle.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I am concerned about where the top of the back legs have gone on the dog in pic 2....

Other than that i agree with Tassle
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I am concerned about where the top of the back legs have gone on the dog in pic 2....
Super hero dog can turn invisible at will?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Super hero dog can turn invisible at will?
without their leg falling clean off
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=Tassle;2125760]Both dogs look confident to me....although the Black one looks a bit more tense. (Tail posture very rigid, ears also look quite 'tense')

Looks like adolescent boy play to me. Might see some Humping going on, possibly quite vocal as well.

Borderline 'play', I would be watching it very carefully to make sure it did not push over the edge to a scuffle.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, I would be watching this very closely too! Both dogs seems on "edge" to me, they're not completely confident of each other imo, anything could happen here. that's what I see anyways.

Lol at Ailsa there though!!!!
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-12-2010, 03:52 PM
and one more....
Wow whose is the collie on the left - it looks soooooo much like my Cloud!
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-12-2010, 03:55 PM
- I thought people might like to point out why this was the case....I too think the change is very obvious and personally (although possibly because I know the dog and the situation - being the one taking the pictures!) it seems clear cut to me....but what makes you say it....which features change your opinion of what is going on....
The differing tension in the facial muscles and skin is what tells it for me.
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »