Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2010, 11:38 PM
OK. To Tassle's first picture.

I see ...
the dog on the left looking a little concerned, but doing a good stationary confidence bluff. Or it might be that that dog is willing and open to snapping as soon as the black and white dogs approach gets closer.

I dont think that it is clear from one shot and I think from this thread I am beginning to conclude just that - that it is not possible to determine from photos or any picture or explanation, what is going on. I digress. Dog language is fluid and fast changing. Anyway. I digress again.

The dog in the middle is feeling well and looking well, is open to making friends, but a little catious. The dog on the right is not wanting to have involvement in the interaction and making that clear, though one ear remains tuned to listen, as events unfold.

Thank you for posting these pictures everyone. I am really enjoying the thinking process. And the learning process. Thank you.
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

I'm assuming your first pic then is total play, now that you've posted up some more?

:
Yep will post a concluding picture soon, four images tell a much bigger picture than one!

You seem to lack confidence, but your understanding of dogs from single pictures, is really good!

Do you have dogs that play together?
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-12-2010, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I did think the boxer was just like 'nah' as he didnt like the way she is doing it (leaning over from the side/behind) and she was telling instead of asking - if im writing this to make any sense so he was avoiding

haha - hes got the right idea, ignore the bad and respond for nice polite rquests
What a brilliant set of thinking we all have. Actually as it happens, I have no idea what the boxer is doing. I know all of the dogs and their handlers very well, but I was taking the picture and not observing the event for dog behaviour. It was a long time ago. Now that someone has suggested he (the boxer), is looking at the Burmese, I believe that that is quite possible. ???

The red boxer is top dog in the pack, the burnmese third bitch.

I have come to realise over time, that senior ranking dogs in groups, come to understand what senior ranking members of the human group desire. it is quite possible that the larger dog was in breach of her handlers request and the boxer was advising her with his stare.

it is very very common for instance, for my dogs to befriend a dog on its walk, only then to chase it away, when its owner has called it several times and the dog failed to respond.

Dogs are amazing. People are amazing. That they can communicate, at all, is amazing.
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Here is the final sequence to my original shots, hopefully confirming that both dogs where very very best friends. All the teeth and lips where play.

Boisterous, adolsceant, castrated males play, was always present in their relationship.

Best mates. Equally matched, same age and having fun with no mortgage, no Christmas food shopping and no angry auntie's, to worry about. FUN

Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by Lotsadogs View Post
You see what? What do you see? You say you see it a lot, but please tell me what you mean - see what a lot?
Human and dog looking ahead and focused on whatever it is they have seen,in my case, those people/dog a re usually looking at us wondering if they should continue walking towards us and if they do...whether they should greet us...
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Lotsadogs View Post
OK. To Tassle's first picture.

I see ...
the dog on the left looking a little concerned, but doing a good stationary confidence bluff. Or it might be that that dog is willing and open to snapping as soon as the black and white dogs approach gets closer.

I dont think that it is clear from one shot and I think from this thread I am beginning to conclude just that - that it is not possible to determine from photos or any picture or explanation, what is going on. I digress. Dog language is fluid and fast changing. Anyway. I digress again.

The dog in the middle is feeling well and looking well, is open to making friends, but a little catious. The dog on the right is not wanting to have involvement in the interaction and making that clear, though one ear remains tuned to listen, as events unfold.

Thank you for posting these pictures everyone. I am really enjoying the thinking process. And the learning process. Thank you.
Gabe (dog on left) was preparing for Pippin (b/w dog) to indulge in favorite bonding habit (see below) however - Champa (Black dog) and Gabe had always enjoyed an 'uneasy' relationship - Champa is very much 'top' of his little group - but Gabe is 'top' of everything! Gabe is quite chilled....was very good at calming signals (little less tolerance as he has got older) and Champa has never really had much confidence when Gabe is around.

Pippins rituals....
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Heres a spot the difference for you.....

Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 09:50 AM
and one more....
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Heres a spot the difference for you.....

might live to regret beeing so cocky!

but i think thats easy

second one aggressive facial langauge, first one looks very different and talky.

first one, eyes soft, muscle just above and left of canine (the grey hair bit) relaxed.
second one, eyes sharper and shape of eyes more pointed.
same facial muscle raised and tighter
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
might live to regret beeing so cocky!

but i think thats easy

second one aggressive facial langauge, first one looks very different and talky.
- I thought people might like to point out why this was the case....I too think the change is very obvious and personally (although possibly because I know the dog and the situation - being the one taking the pictures!) it seems clear cut to me....but what makes you say it....which features change your opinion of what is going on....
Page 5 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »