View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Its too small---its not my colour and I want this to stop so I'll pretend its not happening.

rune
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Its too small---its not my colour and I want this to stop so I'll pretend its not happening.

rune
PMSL! I dont know what possessed me to buy that awful jumper but he isnt impressed is he? The jumper went in the bin a long time ago BTW!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 05:07 PM
OMG Leanne, that first one's a difficult one!!!!
Is that the "norty corner" perhaps??? Lol! Maybe you're going to do something really nasty, like putting a flea treatment on or something?

As for your other two I have no idea! The third, same as Rune there.

Lotsadogs: There's obviously something going on up ahead, maybe it's your 2nd dog up there been put in a down/stay (coz I'm very perceptive and you wouldn't be out walking with just the one ), or maybe you're approaching the group? As for your dog, it's very relaxed I will say that, so it can't be anything horrible up ahead?!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 05:16 PM
No guesses on Tassles?

rune
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
With regards to my pics, Tassle was right on the money!

In the picture the dogs have already been running round so they are puffed out. Flynn is wanting more but since Jed is knackered, the ears back indicates he's not up for it. .
thats what i said!

Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

Not sure I see a any sign of distress by his body language to be honest, more a look of interest on his face.
not a 'distress sign', but their is head turn calming signal
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Would agree, the boxer seems a little uncomfortable, perhaps he is not lying down for that reason?
Lady who owns him seems a bit too strong - if my dog was well trained and refused to lie down, I'd wonder why and look at context, environment, etc (ie trust my dog a bit ... )

Wys
x
I did think the boxer was just like 'nah' as he didnt like the way she is doing it (leaning over from the side/behind) and she was telling instead of asking - if im writing this to make any sense so he was avoiding

haha - hes got the right idea, ignore the bad and respond for nice polite rquests
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Leanne`s first one - one of my dogs used to turn her back on us like that when she had the hump with us. She would turn her face to the wall and quiver with indignation.
or possibly you`ve got woodworm.
But more likely it`s that she`s sitting there very still not making eye contact till the norty whatever goes away.

Second one - sitting dog is on handlers` feet, body blocking her as well. Staring at other dog who is not looking back. Possible issues around control of space from GWP?

Third one - GWP again looking straight at GSP with head lowered (a challenge of some sort), who is avoiding the gaze but not backing off.

Fourth One. Dog is about to call the RSPCA on grounds of loss of street cred.
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I see that a LOT. Usually ahead of me. The people and dog freeze when they see us.

It's because of Cosmo being covered in mud...the person looks worried that he will be people friendly and the dog worries he will be dog friendly. Neither of them want him to come anywhere near them generally......
You see what? What do you see? You say you see it a lot, but please tell me what you mean - see what a lot?
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I did think the boxer was just like 'nah' as he didnt like the way she is doing it (leaning over from the side/behind) and she was telling instead of asking - if im writing this to make any sense so he was avoiding
I see this a great deal from Merlin. There are times and places he just decides to forget I exist, and turns his hearing aid off! That's when I know I have to listen.

Being told to do a Down when he is not comfortable is top of his list, and like others have said, I change tactics and try to orient his attention back to me, get him on side, and I'll be happy with a good sit instead, although it is done to make him think it was his choice.
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »