Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 03:57 PM
How about these two?

Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-12-2010, 03:59 PM
second one is either mexican stand off pre play ritual or 2 dogs just played out and knackered (im opting for second, aside from the lab laying down the collie appears to br panting?)
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2010, 03:59 PM
The dogs are all known to one another. No discomfort there.

I don't remember all the circumstances so cant comment easily on the pointy finger. I had all on trying to get a camera to work!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:01 PM
I would have said the first is a dog who has been asked to do something....like come into the house, but for some reason is not happy about it.....(classic pose from mine if I am going out and not taking them)

Second looks like a play stand off.....but not sure the Collie is up for the game....
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
second one is either mexican stand off pre play ritual or 2 dogs just played out and knackered (im opting for second, aside from the lab laying down the collie appears to br panting?)
Mexican stand off, I like that!
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Good pics Leanne. The first one shows an unrelistically tidy garden for one ! is that yours? Dog is probably thinking I best not shed a hair here, Ill keep still!

Seriously though, first pic. TO me it seems the dog is looking mildly concerned, perhaps doesn't like camera's, Is uncomfortable with a down at this time, or is disturbed by something slightly off to the left of the shot?

Second picture shows I agree mexican pre play chase standoff. With Jed realising that, of the two of them, it is his next move which will initiate it. He is showing, possibly deliberate (?), mild apprehension, about what is to follow. Is Jed usually on the "losing" side of play?
Nlulu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:08 PM
In the mexican standoff pic I think the Liver coloured dog is waiting for the collie to make a move so it can initiate more play.... the collie is staying still and so it can have a rest and maybe hoping the other dog will give up stalking it eventually...
I say this as it could easily be a picture of my too dogs on any walk we go on!
Great thread
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Other shots from the sequence in the first photo, might help folks to understand more clearly. Thats the trouble with photos. Any single shot distorts the impression.

Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-12-2010, 04:11 PM
the more i look the more they look knackered.

the collie almost looks puffed cheeked and both dogs have shoulders and ears back and general body slumpness.

its seems they have just had a tear up in a rather large field?

PS - leanne's second photo
Lotsadogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
the more i look the more they look knackered.

the collie almost looks puffed cheeked and both dogs have shoulders and ears back and general body slumpness.

its seems they have just had a tear up in a rather large field?

PS - leanne's second photo
I can see where the worn out impressions are coming from, but my gut still tells me there is movement in them yet. I like this - it really gets you thinking. More pictures please.
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »