Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
I know where they are with all his paperwork..............but they are at the other end of the house and I cant be bothered to get up.......The vet told me they were good scores but then what does he know ha ha
Err YOU should know if they are good scores, BEFORE you bought the pup,

What lines is he? Breed or Working? or Mixture?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 11:30 PM
I know where they are with all his paperwork..............but they are at the other end of the house and I cant be bothered to get up.......The vet told me they were good scores but then what does he know ha ha
Hi Jols.

I think you are being unfairly attacked here, but to put their minds at rest, you need only give the registered names of his parents, their hip scores and eye cert results will be on the KC database.
swarthy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-11-2010, 11:31 PM
My pup is not in pain
He is fine to walk on the pavement, but I shall be sure to tell the vet he is wrong next time I see him
And the welfare of my pup is very important hence me joining here.

wrong decision i feel.
People are trying to help - but you don't seem to want to listen

I am not saying your pup is in pain, I haven't seen it to comment- but as I've already mentioned - Labs and pain aren't something that go naturally hand in hand.

Last year my eldest was a little quieter than usual - I initially assumef it was just her slowing down a little - then we had some very short bursts of pain with audible signs - she went to the vets - had some metacam and everything seemed fine.

Four days later -we had to carry her in from the garden - she was literally within hours of complete paralysis from a ruptured disc in her neck - the debris of which had spread into her spinal column and was causing almost incomprehensible agony

Looking back - we even now know when it happened but at the time it seemed an insignificant body clash with my boy in the porch - at the point her pain became too difficult to bear was the only time it was clear to see there was something very seriously wrong.

Thankfully, she has now had surgery and made a miraculous recovery - but she was in pain and yet exhibited no symptoms and pretty much carried on as normal bar sleeping a bit more (as a veteran, something you might expect) - she now bounces around the place like an 8 week old puppy.

I've seen a puppy with OCD of the hock with the whackiest movement ever - but he was / is the happiest litte chappie ever - several thousand pounds worth of surgery later - he leads a normal happy life albeit with lots of supplements - but there is NO WAY on this earth you would have identified that dog as being in pain, yet there is no way he couldn't have been.

One of the benefits of off-lead exercise is they stop of their own accord - but even then, another dog can easily make them go past this barrier.

My youngest will hooley all day if I let her - but the minute I take her in for a nap, she is fasto within seconds.

The point is, most Labs do not exhibit pain, - it doesn't mean ther e isn't any
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Hi Jols.

I think you are being unfairly attacked here, but to put their minds at rest, you need only give the registered names of his parents, their hip scores and eye cert results will be on the KC database.

Thank you

THINK IM AM BEING UNFAIRLY ATTACKED THINK ITS A SPORT.

SCORES ON THE CERT SAY MUM 2/4 AND DAD 4/4 IS THIS THE INFO YOU NEED? IT HAS OTHER STUFF ON IT.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS MEANS I WOULD OF BOUGHT THE PUP ANYWAY AS I FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Thank you

SCORES ON THE CERT SAY MUM 2/4 AND DAD 4/4 IS THIS THE INFO YOU NEED?

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS MEANS I WOULD OF BOUGHT THE PUP ANYWAY AS I FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM.
yes that is a good hip score, thats good isnt it.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Ok Cards On The Table

Is That A Good Hip Score?

WHAT IS THE WORST AND WHAT IS THE BEST?

No Jokes.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Ok Cards On The Table

Is That A Good Hip Score?

No Jokes.
yes it is a good hip score
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Atleast youve got potentiallygood joints there then (not that it always follows of course, that the pups will be ok)

but as they havent formed fully yet you STILL need to be carefull
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Be careful th him, hes only a pup, thats all people are saying, some of us are living with HD & if it can be prevented then we must.

Puppy hood is so short, thens PLENTY of time to take him for 15 mins around the block when hes older,

Teach him to walk on his lead AWAY from the road where he is scared, He cant learn if he is worried.

Get him used to cars while you arent trying to teach him something else (heel walking)

Just go near to a road & feed him to gain confidence, & practise lead walking in the park & in your garden
swarthy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Thank you

SCORES ON THE CERT SAY MUM 2/4 AND DAD 4/4 IS THIS THE INFO YOU NEED? IT HAS OTHER STUFF ON IT.

You are not being unfairly attacked at all - have a look at Charlie's story and a number of others on the Labrador Health website - some of those Labs had tends of thousands of pounds worth of surgery - others were PTS

The parents hipscores are excellent - but your response re-enforces my belief that puppy buyers simply don't do enough research - you've been lucky - very many other people aren't

5 minute rule still applies though
Page 7 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »