Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shell16
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2008, 10:02 AM

omg!! the pain!!!

i had a great time up at the hospital most of yesterday!! with a kidney stone!! the pain started on weds morning..but a dull ebb...then weds night it really decided to kick it up a few gears!! i didnt sleep well at all,and the only way to decribe it was that it felt like my kidney was on fire and was being twisted!! in the end i couldnt stand it so went to the hospital where they gave me an injection which was a livesaver!! and an xray and a ct scan which showed that i had passed the stone but it had damaged the inside of my kidney which was what was still causing the pain!! great!! eventually they were happy to let me go!! but apparently the pain can last upto 2 weeks!! lol...this is the second one ive had in 2 months..its like labor all over again..but constant pain..has anyone else had these problems before?? shell.x
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 10:04 AM
No hun but I hope the pain easies soon, hun hug's from here.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Fortunately not............but my cousin did, and passed it too, which I believe is awfully painful. Does that mean they will check what it's made up of and you'll go on a special diet then. Best of luck hope it clears soon
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 11:12 AM
No, but I've been told it's quite excrutiating! I think men suffer more with these for some reason? Glad you passed it and are out of pain, as for the damaged kidney, I wish you luck with that one, hope they can sort something out for you. What causes these stones I wonder? Poor you, nothing like being in complete agony is there
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Never had one but was a Urology Nurse so I know what you are going through.
Hopefully the pain settles down soon and take care
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2008, 01:13 PM
No, but I have had gall stones. I think all these stoney things are excruciating.
All the best sweetie lets hope they are wrong with thier estimate of how long the pain lasts.