View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Malpeki I love your posts! You've reminded me of when I lived in Cornwall and used to walk my Cavvy on the dunes at Hayle. There were signs stressing the importance of dog poo not being left there (even though it's all wild and that) because it enriches the sand/soil and alters the ecological balance of the things that naturally grow there.

I do wish people would be more careful about stuff like this. I pick up after my dog even tho' she only poos a dry 'peanut' once a day lol! Am religious about picking up at the salt lake and that's one place I will even pick up other dog's poos because there is a careful ecological balance going on there enabling the flamingos to continue to overwinter and feed. But if we are on farmland (mostly neglected old Turkish Cypriot land) I will sometimes 'stick and flick' into the scrub at each side or even just a sideswipe with my flip flop! I'd like to enjoy taking in the view more myself when walking with her but I have to keep my eyes down quite a lot to avoid getting stuck in some of the doggy land mines laid down by what looks like dogs that must be big as horses!

There used to be an old saying 'what ever happened to white dog poo?' I can tell you it is alive and well and living in Cyprus. But I don't think it is white when produced - just soon turns that colour when out in the scorching heat. That's the only upside - the sh!te dries out hard very quickly making it so you are more likely to trip over it than get stuck in it lol!

What a fragrant subject!
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Malpeki I love your posts! You've reminded me of when I lived in Cornwall and used to walk my Cavvy on the dunes at Hayle. There were signs stressing the importance of dog poo not being left there (even though it's all wild and that) because it enriches the sand/soil and alters the ecological balance of the things that naturally grow there.

I do wish people would be more careful about stuff like this. I pick up after my dog even tho' she only poos a dry 'peanut' once a day lol! Am religious about picking up at the salt lake and that's one place I will even pick up other dog's poos because there is a careful ecological balance going on there enabling the flamingos to continue to overwinter and feed. But if we are on farmland (mostly neglected old Turkish Cypriot land) I will sometimes 'stick and flick' into the scrub at each side or even just a sideswipe with my flip flop! I'd like to enjoy taking in the view more myself when walking with her but I have to keep my eyes down quite a lot to avoid getting stuck in some of the doggy land mines laid down by what looks like dogs that must be big as horses!

There used to be an old saying 'what ever happened to white dog poo?' I can tell you it is alive and well and living in Cyprus. But I don't think it is white when produced - just soon turns that colour when out in the scorching heat. That's the only upside - the sh!te dries out hard very quickly making it so you are more likely to trip over it than get stuck in it lol!

What a fragrant subject!
LOL! really true, what a fragrant subject

and even funnier how we got on that by "my sweet cows"

but unfortunately you are just too right
so many people just don't care

I also wish, more people would care more about other things as well, than just about theirselves and their dogs

of course I didn't know about those stuff in Cornwall
nor about the effect of left dog poo for Flamingos!

...but of course, we over here do not usually hit on any wild living Flamingo

but however, it doesn't matters
wherever I am, I'm always picking up my dogs poo

(by the way, with your post I remembered, that I still had left such of a tiny "peanut bag" in my bum bag, which I use to wear at walking my dog, from last evening
well, when I used to walk with my previous GDS, I rather had needed a backpack for it!
...nah, just joking but I've to confess, now it's more handy )

...ohhh, still to add, I usually do not walk my dog at parks or whatever, where are "dog poo bins", but I don't mind, nevertheless there is no reason for not to pick them up!
and if the first bin you will find, will be the one at home!
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Gorgeous photos Malpeki, I loved the first one the cow is so loving her neck scratched. A magnificent herd.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5