Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Noushka05 View Post
[/COLOR]

These would Definately be my dream come true, i love both species with a passion.
Me too!

Now, how cool would it be if I could say that I had "Windsurfed with Wolves!"

What an amazing t shirt THAT would be !!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well he would have had to fight his way through my wetsuit, it may have been the Bahamas but it was December and the open sea, the water was freezing. I said playful and cheeky not frisky. No one mentioned it at the time during the do's and don'ts He did keep jabbing me in the ribs and put his jaws around my arm and swam around holding on to me. They are powerful animals so I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of them. They attack sharks to protect their young.
I am reliably informed that dolphins are very well ... erm endowed, so not sure a wetsuit would be sufficient to protect your virtue!!

I am green with jealousy ... how cool to be able to say I have been jabbed in the ribs by a dolphin and he put his jaws around my arm and swam holding on to me!
I_am
New Member!
Male 

27-11-2012, 08:48 PM
killers in Taiji have no mercy!

Please Please take action & pressure the Japanese Government to stop the massacre http://www.seashepherd.org/cove-guardians/

http://www.seashepherd.org/cove-guar...ou-can-do.html

/
i had to suck it up hard to manage to open the link after reading your thread header. i was quite relieved that i didnt have to see what i dreaded, as its not a too bad photo of a dolphin pleading or squirming or being abused or suchlike. do we know the 2 chaps in the photo didnt release the dolphin
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Me too!

Now, how cool would it be if I could say that I had "Windsurfed with Wolves!"

What an amazing t shirt THAT would be !!
hahaa well I'd buy it!!

Originally Posted by I_am View Post
i had to suck it up hard to manage to open the link after reading your thread header. i was quite relieved that i didnt have to see what i dreaded, as its not a too bad photo of a dolphin pleading or squirming or being abused or suchlike. do we know the 2 chaps in the photo didnt release the dolphin
No i doubt very much they released him, they were two Taiji fishermen, they dont do releases. Theres been a huge campaign going on twitter to inform the world about the horrors happening there, lots of Activists from Sea Shepherd and other organisations are out there, taking the pics, video footage and trying to disrupt the boats.

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Gosh dont you find it horrendous? perhaps its not as graphic as The Cove? cos tbh i couldnt bring myself to watch the 2nd video
No I didnt find it horrendous. I found it unpleasant and its not something I enjoyed watching, however as I said IMO there is far worse treatment to animals for food than what I saw there.

Japan are a law unto themselves where cetaceans are concerned, they have never stopped hunting endangered dolphin and whale species which are protected in most countries.
But not in Japanese waters?

like the diabolicle treatment of cats & dogs in certain East Asian countries(not Japan, i dont think)killing those cetaceans may not be illegal, but its amoral, barbaric and downright shameful.
But thats YOUR opinion, it isnt that way for other people and its unfair of you to label them in a similar fashion just because you dont agree with them. Its like me calling you a complete toss pot and a stupid old cow for not liking fox-hunting. Not nice is it? (Of course I dont mean that either just an example,)

Anyone who who donated to the Japanese Tsunami fund might be shocked to learn that $28.5 million of it has been allocated to the Japanese Whaling fleet ...
OOPS! I donated.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/316311

more off the same link...I guess its the activist recording the slaughter you find cold & sick Dawn?
Will look when I have time, thanks.

Although this is Hill's second visit to Taiji in a couple months and she has witnessed several slaughters, yesterday she says, "will probably always be, the longest and hardest day of my life."
Hill added that fishermen, in an attempt to prevent the dolphins' escape, "tried to position themselves between the rocks and dolphins." Divers, Hill said, "sat on the rocks to push and kick the dolphins that slammed their bodies into the wall, tearing their skin open and staining the water with blood." It is the recording of this type of evidence, that Taiji it appears, is doing its best to stifle.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/articl...#ixzz2DSLFP0TY
But you see you find this dreadful. Im afraid I dont. I find it unpleasant, and in all honesty unnecessary. I dont see it as barbaric. If they were hacking them to death, chopping bits off and leaving them to bleed to death for hours on end, I would have very different views. But, although its not nice to watch, its relatively quick. (Very quick according to some stuff I read earlier, seconds.) The thrashing about is just nerves etc. reacting. This is the same for all of us, man or beast after death.

You can keep posting links if you want to, but you have not provided me with anything other than the same thing over and over again and implying that I am a vile person just because I dont agree with your feelings on the subject. Remember what I said about ramming it down peoples throats wont win support? Thats exactly what you are doing.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2012, 09:29 AM
[
QUOTE=Borderdawn;2629563]No I didnt find it horrendous. I found it unpleasant and its not something I enjoyed watching, however as I said IMO there is far worse treatment to animals for food than what I saw there.

But not in Japanese waters?:017
:[/QUOTE]

not quite sure what you mean by this tbh ...But Dolphins and Whales are transient animals, if species are classed as endangered...They Are endangered, full stop!

But thats YOUR opinion, it isnt that way for other people and its unfair of you to label them in a similar fashion just because you dont agree with them. Its like me calling you a complete toss pot and a stupid old cow for not liking fox-hunting. Not nice is it? (Of course I dont mean that either just an example,)
lol and you would never label anyone, cold or sick or whatever would you

OOPS! I donated.
Im sure it wont bother you.

Will look when I have time, thanks.
ok

But you see you find this dreadful. Im afraid I dont. I find it unpleasant, and in all honesty unnecessary. I dont see it as barbaric. If they were hacking them to death, chopping bits off and leaving them to bleed to death for hours on end, I would have very different views. But, although its not nice to watch, its relatively quick. (Very quick according to some stuff I read earlier, seconds.) The thrashing about is just nerves etc. reacting. This is the same for all of us, man or beast after death.
Scientists believe dolphins deserve rights same as humans.

You can keep posting links if you want to, but you have not provided me with anything other than the same thing over and over again and implying that I am a vile person just because I dont agree with your feelings on the subject. Remember what I said about ramming it down peoples throats wont win support? Thats exactly what you are doing.
i wasnt ramming anything down your throat, you joined the thread & asked me questions, ive tried to answer, backing them up with scientific studies etc...I dont know what type of person you are, you come across as someone who doesnt feel empathy for wild animals, so no youre not my cup of tea and you havent exactly been nice to me in the past have you
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2012, 12:55 PM
hahaa well I'd buy it!!

No i doubt very much they released him, they were two Taiji fishermen, they dont do releases. Theres been a huge campaign going on twitter to inform the world about the horrors happening there, lots of Activists from Sea Shepherd and other organisations are out there, taking the pics, video footage and trying to disrupt the boats.

Perhaps I could have some printed saying:

"Want to Windsurf with Wolves!"

Great alliteration innit!!

or "Wild to Windsurf with Wolves!"

or "Willing to Windsurf with Wolves! Any offers?!!"
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2012, 02:00 PM
not quite sure what you mean by this tbh ...But Dolphins and Whales are transient animals, if species are classed as endangered...They Are endangered, full stop!
But there is NO law protecting them, yes? Nothing these people are doing is illegal, is it?

lol and you would never label anyone, cold or sick or whatever would you
Yes I did in this case as you well know, I meant it too. However it was not because of the fact they do not agree with my feelings (as you dont and name call because of it ) it was because they can stand there and watch what they claim is horrific, through the lens of a camera and record it while its going on. Maybe the Fox would not have "escaped" if that woman wasnt there? But hey, we would have had some video of it, right??

Im sure it wont bother you.
Correct, it didnt.

Scientists believe dolphins deserve rights same as humans.
Lol! Monkeys should go out to work, Dogs should draw a pension when they have worked for 6yrs. Classic!!!

i wasnt ramming anything down your throat, you joined the thread & asked me questions, ive tried to answer, backing them up with scientific studies etc...I dont know what type of person you are, you come across as someone who doesnt feel empathy for wild animals, so no youre not my cup of tea and you havent exactly been nice to me in the past have you
You havent though, you have showed the same thing over and over. Nothing new and I have told you how I feel about it. I will say it again. I dont "like" it, I find it "unpleasant" but I have seen worse cruelty in other systems of killing and slaughter for food. I dont hold grudges either.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
But there is NO law protecting them, yes? Nothing these people are doing is illegal, is it?

Yes I did in this case as you well know, I meant it too. However it was not because of the fact they do not agree with my feelings (as you dont and name call because of it ) it was because they can stand there and watch what they claim is horrific, through the lens of a camera and record it while its going on. Maybe the Fox would not have "escaped" if that woman wasnt there? But hey, we would have had some video of it, right??

Correct, it didnt.

Lol! Monkeys should go out to work, Dogs should draw a pension when they have worked for 6yrs. Classic!!!

You havent though, you have showed the same thing over and over. Nothing new and I have told you how I feel about it. I will say it again. I dont "like" it, I find it "unpleasant" but I have seen worse cruelty in other systems of killing and slaughter for food. I dont hold grudges either.
Hmmmm .... not sure its very nice to take the mick out of someone who might contribute to the view that dolphins deserve the same rights as us humans, Dawn!!

Especially bearing in mind this Nice New Dogsey It's not my place to criticise, but I would hate us to go back to the bad old days
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Hmmmm .... not sure its very nice to take the mick out of someone who might contribute to the view that dolphins deserve the same rights as us humans, Dawn!!

Especially bearing in mind this Nice New Dogsey It's not my place to criticise, but I would hate us to go back to the bad old days
Im sorry is that "scientist" here then? Ive been called worse, and I am here! Plus of course, I dont recall "taking the mick" I did however find the comment somewhat amusing. Im wondering if Rats should have the same "rights" too? Or Pigs maybe, considered incredibly intelligent!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >