View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 08:36 PM

Dolphin caught in nets, pleads for his life...

killers in Taiji have no mercy!

Please Please take action & pressure the Japanese Government to stop the massacre http://www.seashepherd.org/cove-guardians/

http://www.seashepherd.org/cove-guar...ou-can-do.html

/
Azz
Administrator
Male 

26-11-2012, 08:41 PM
So sad Dolphins are so beautiful, intelligent - they deserve better.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 08:46 PM
I watched a terrible, terrible programme about this on the tv , some bloke was travelling around the area and documenting on this abhorent activity with these beautiful sea creatures, my absolute favourites, I was sickened

I can't bear to click on those links I'm afraid for fear of seeing something I detest, it would haunt me for days, even months! If it's just a petition then I will sign it.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
So sad Dolphins are so beautiful, intelligent - they deserve better.
they do,theyre special animals, its horrific whats happening to them in Taiji, the shocking thing is its SeaWorld in the USA that are to largely to blame for the slaughter...

If you go to SeaWorld you are supporting the slaughter of hundred of dolphins annually. If you have not seen The Cove yet, this may come as a shocker. SeaWorld purchases it’s dolphins from a charming little town called Taiji, off the coast of Japan. On a weekly basis, giant pods of dolphins are herded into large net pens off the coast of Taiji. Early in the morning, the animal trainers from SeaWorld and other aquariums around the world line up eager to find their next “flipper”. Once the marine parks have picked out all the pretty ones, the “ugly” dolphins are taken to a secret cove and slaughtered for meat. The worst part is that if it was not for the huge profits coming from SeaWorld, this would not be happening. According to the documentary, The Cove, a SeaWorld dolphin will sell for upwards of $100,000 USD; a dolphin used for meat brings in a profit of roughly $100 USD. So who is funding this murder?

http://madmikesamerica.com/2011/03/t...tend-seaworld/
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I watched a terrible, terrible programme about this on the tv , some bloke was travelling around the area and documenting on this abhorent activity with these beautiful sea creatures, my absolute favourites, I was sickened

I can't bear to click on those links I'm afraid for fear of seeing something I detest, it would haunt me for days, even months! If it's just a petition then I will sign it.

you cant see anything disturbing on this petition Helena x

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/3/sto...hin-slaughter/

celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Even the fact that the dolphins are contaminated with mercury which is being passed to the people who eat them hasn't stopped this shameful practise.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 10:05 PM
We really are the most despicable creatures on this planet....
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Can I ask a couple questions.

Im sure you dont mean "Dolphin pleads for his life" because he is a Dolphin and he cant do that. I do appreciate that he/she is caught though and therefore will need to surface to breathe properly.

Are the Dolphins that you claim are slaughtered for meat part of the total that are allowed per year due to overstocking?

Where does the meat go?

Who eats it?

Do you have any links/evidence to support this?

How would you propose that small fishing boats and larger ones I suppose (Not industrial highly technologically equipped trawlers) can avoid the Dolphins in their nets? Dolphins are not so bright as to realise the nets are a danger, otherwise if we give them the credit for the intelligence many claim they have, they wouldnt get caught in them. Would they?

Genuine questions. I do not support places like Seaworld etc.. I do not think that there can ever be a suitable environment in captivity for such animals. Nor can I see what captivity for these animals can ever achieve as far as sustained numbers etc.. are concerned, hence the question on killing them.

Thanks. (seriously)
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 10:56 PM
You can watch the documentary for free here http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/cove/ It is disturbing in parts.
It contains interviews with the scientists who tested for the mercury poisoning.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Can I ask a couple questions.

Im sure you dont mean "Dolphin pleads for his life" because he is a Dolphin and he cant do that. I do appreciate that he/she is caught though and therefore will need to surface to breathe properly.

Are the Dolphins that you claim are slaughtered for meat part of the total that are allowed per year due to overstocking?

Where does the meat go?

Who eats it?

Do you have any links/evidence to support this?

How would you propose that small fishing boats and larger ones I suppose (Not industrial highly technologically equipped trawlers) can avoid the Dolphins in their nets? Dolphins are not so bright as to realise the nets are a danger, otherwise if we give them the credit for the intelligence many claim they have, they wouldnt get caught in them. Would they?

Genuine questions. I do not support places like Seaworld etc.. I do not think that there can ever be a suitable environment in captivity for such animals. Nor can I see what captivity for these animals can ever achieve as far as sustained numbers etc.. are concerned, hence the question on killing them.

Thanks. (seriously)
Pretty much all other wild animals would struggle to get away from the boat, away from danger, dolphins are highly intelligent, and are thought to have similar cognitive powers as we do, they are self aware, they feel empathy & so its highly likely that dolphin was well aware that struggling to get free wouldnt save him & that by going up to the boat &'pleading' for mercy was his only chance of survival, bare in mind he had probably seen his pod slaughtered so would have been aware he was in grave danger.

If you want to know more about the Taiji dolphin slaughter, check out the cove, if it doesnt answer all your questions(because ive only seen it the once) i'll try to.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »