Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lezley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Hi all,
guess what just when I was beginning to get used to the rain "yeah right" snow is on its way.
Thinking of putting pups back into harnesses and going sledging lol
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Amother mad one here too, rain snow hail whatever we trudge around in mud and whatever...all part of the fun and a great excuse to relive childhood by jumping in puddles!!!
honeytone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-12-2009, 10:09 AM
I love walking whatever the weather and so does Murphy. Although he tends to get a little spooked when it's dark and windy. Too many moving shadows! Saying that, I do have trouble getting him to just pop out in the garden for a quick wee when it's pouring down!

During the winter, the majority of the walks are road walks because it's always dark, but since investing in a head torch, we can venture out in the field again. I can't trust him off leash, unfortunately. He has excellent re-call 99.9% of the time, but in full-on Beagle mode he's oblivious to everything and the last I'd see of him would be a Beagle bum disappearing off into the sunset, baying his head off as he went.

When we're out in the fields, he's kept on a 15 metre long line. You can imagine how dirty the long line gets on a muddy walk. Suffice to say, I come back home completely up to the eyes!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Im the same! Out in all weathers! the dog's would never forgive me if they didn't get out!

With the gundogs, I do cheat at this time of year! I open the kennel doors, and let them out into the field, but then I sit on the gate while they run around! I do get down eventually and walk around the field with them, but they are worked that much, that they don't need as long as walk on their days off!

The terriers hate the rain (except Tilly), but they do go outside and come on a walk with me!

I'm currently doing 4 walks in an evening, and numerous in the day because I've got Charlie in the house, as well as Midge, because of Charlie and his stitches!! And I can't walk the boys together, as they don't always get on, and I've got no hope of splitting them up, if they were to have a disagreement!!!!

It's snowed here today, so I will throughly enjoy my gundog walk, they love the snow!!

xx
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lezley View Post
Where do all the dogs go to that I see in the summer????
My friend says their owners must put them in a cupboard
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 12:48 PM
I love winter walking, get wrapped up well, dogs get their coats on and off we go.....
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5