View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 03:14 PM
If his hoof is all broken away it sounds as though he's pulled the shoe off and taken part of the hoof with it and maybe there's not enough good hoof left on that side to put a shoe back on.
All horses should have access to water and shelter and the RSPCA should check the horse and find the owners if they don't think it is being properly cared for.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 08:11 PM
No word from RSPCA but the horse has not been there since I last posted I was going up to check on him on the 7th, went up with carrots and he was gone but will keep checking. Hope he's ok.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
is there anything behind the hoof, or is it hollow..

Strage Like H says , I cant understand why that foot has not had any care yet the other look fairly newly shod.

He looks liek he has very brittle feet , even the shod ones.. so maybe it has been left, but cant see a farrier doing that , surely they would cut it back to within the relms of normal

Interesting one this,

Get those pics..see if you can getsome fron the back as well!!
It was hollow behind the broken bit. the broken bit was sort of sticking out away from the rest.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I think I've got it! I wonder if he got a punctured sole and it was right under the shoe maybe, so they had to take the shoe off, then after doing his poulticing etc. he's not got round to having that shoe put back on then? Make sense??? The fact that this chap has 3 shoes on already must mean that he is being worked in some way or other, perish the thought but they could do that trot racing or whatever they call it with him at week-ends as they do? Maybe?

Don't get too attached to this poor old boy Kel coz they have a habit of moving them around, and you're going to be upset if you go up there and find that he's gone
I have seen him there on and off for a year now H but only before he might be there for a day or 2 at a time so I wasn't too worried, I know people do just leave their horses wherever they like sometimes, I have seen quite a few round here like that so although I don't think it's right personally I wasn't too worried about him as it's seems to be the norm but with him being there everyday lately I started to wonder. I wonder if he will be brought back and I wonder if the RSPCA ever checked on him and found his owners.

If he does return I will let you know. I feel bad now wondering if he's ok. He was such a lovely gentleman. x
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5