View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2009, 07:26 PM
alotof people take the water away from stables at night cos they just trash them but they are given water during he day then take it away thee are reasons sometimes the travelles do it here i see them hay the and water them then take it away but there are up there to them quite a few times a day
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Any word Kel?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Nothing yet A. x
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 11:37 AM
I have worked with and owned horses all my life and IMO that hoof looks in terrible state, even though it is unshod it is clear he hasnt seen a farrier in a long while and that means his feet that are shod wont have either, which can cause serious problems. That hoof should be enough for the rspca to act on. ALL horses must have a passport now so the rspca should really check he has one and to do that they will have to find his owners.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
He might belong to travellers, they tend to just leave horses where they feel like it and not bother. At least you have alerted someone to him being there, hope something gets done x
That's how they do it yes, anywhere they like, usually beside a road or suchlike. The fact that he's got no water is enough for the RSPCA to do something about that. Poor old boy, he's old coz he's so white, they get whiter with age, poor little man, hope something gets done about him, but with travellers involved..... you know.....
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Still not heard anything.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 06:07 PM
have you tried contacting the ILPH directly?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
have you tried contacting the ILPH directly?
No, i'd never heard of them...
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Just looked them up and their lines are closed 'til tomorrow so i'll pop up the field in the morning and if he is there I will come back and ring them too.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Over all he does not look in to bad condition, a bit of muscle wastage behind but not to bad, could do with a bit more fat on him, but not sure the RSPCA would consider that enough to remove him?? the field where he is tethered is bare you can see where the rope allows him to graze,

But that foot looks deformed to me..can you get a better pic.

The other feet have shoes on , and thy dont look to old, although he has terrible poor feet.. but that wont be enough for a cruelty case... some of the best horses have bad feet.

The bad one , will be interested to see what it is really like.

Keep chipping away... when you go back give his skin a good pinch (round his neck) if it springs back he is not dehydrated.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >