View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2005, 11:00 PM

Does anyone feed Butcher's Choice for small dogs?

Does anyone feed Butcher's Choice for small dogs? What do you think of it? I gave Poppy (CKCS) a foil tray of the lamb, kidney & peas version this evening and she woofed the lot down without moving her head from the bowl once I've never known her eat anything like it. I've tried her on Nature Diet, Nature's Menu, Dene's and JWB in the past and after a couple of days, she just looks at it and walks away. She came to us on Pedigree Complete and I got her off of that ASAP, but since then I've been struggling to find something she'll eat. Admittedly it's only one tray, and after a couple of days I might get the same reaction as the rest, but it's a start.

Saw some Pascoe's dog food in Tesco this afternoon - does anyone have any experience/opinions?

Thanks
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Mine are on butcher mixed with bakers

Are you a pedigree hater?
lckerry
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2005, 11:43 AM
My little Harry loves butchers complete. I've been giving it to him since he was a pup.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by random
Mine are on butcher mixed with bakers

Are you a pedigree hater?
Is that Butcher's moist or complete dry?

Wouldn't say "hater" but don't like the look of the ingredients, particularly the amount of sugar.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Oh my Poppys a clever little sole having you trained so well
She knows that when she stops eating you will replace her food with something possibly MORE delicious LOL.You need to decide on which food YOU want her to eat and stick to it.Out her food down and remove what isn't eaten after 5 mins feeding her NOTHING then until her next food time.

Originally Posted by Harry25
Does anyone feed Butcher's Choice for small dogs? What do you think of it? I gave Poppy (CKCS) a foil tray of the lamb, kidney & peas version this evening and she woofed the lot down without moving her head from the bowl once I've never known her eat anything like it. I've tried her on Nature Diet, Nature's Menu, Dene's and JWB in the past and after a couple of days, she just looks at it and walks away. She came to us on Pedigree Complete and I got her off of that ASAP, but since then I've been struggling to find something she'll eat. Admittedly it's only one tray, and after a couple of days I might get the same reaction as the rest, but it's a start.

Saw some Pascoe's dog food in Tesco this afternoon - does anyone have any experience/opinions?

Thanks
Russ
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Archer
Oh my Poppys a clever little sole having you trained so well
She knows that when she stops eating you will replace her food with something possibly MORE delicious LOL.You need to decide on which food YOU want her to eat and stick to it.Out her food down and remove what isn't eaten after 5 mins feeding her NOTHING then until her next food time.
lol sounds exactly like someone i know and i told her the same, make a choice and stick to it. A dog won't starve itself on purpose(not for long away)