Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Do you find your memories are so vivid? I do, when I lost my mum aged 7 I only had those 7 years of memories, but do you know what I can remember being in my pram, I must have been about 2 and I can remember every Christmas present every little trip we made together..I still see her face as clear as it was when I was a little girl!

x
Yeah completely vivid, I remember sooooo much, more than I think a lot do, I remember the feel of her skin, the sound of her voice, her laugh. I remember being in a baby walker with her, I remember her feeding me in a baby bouncer, which no one believes I remember. I remember doing alphabet puzzles with her on the floor when I was 2....

I'm so sorry your mum left you so soon xxxx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I know all of you who have followed mum's life with me over the past 3 years would like to know, she just passed peacefully away in her care home. They told me she was so very happy today because I had visited this morning and fed her chocolate cake, and she just slipped peacefully away after a good lunch and an afternoon sleep, she was gone, no more pain.

I've just been up to see her, I kissed her on her cheek, cupped her head in my hands and said my goodbye and most of all, I thanked her for being a mum in a million, because she was.

I might not be around much, but thankyou all for your support over the years, going through all our ups and downs, but now she's at peace, no more pain, poor little love, she did suffer, but not anymore.xxxxxxxx
Oh Helen, your post made me cry.

I know your mum has suffered so much, I'm so glad the end was peaceful for her.

My heart goes out to you and your family and best wishes to you all.

Hugs xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Helena, everything you are feeling is perfectly normal, you won't know where you are for a while yet. I think you just have to ride this roller coaster until the pain eases and it does, bit by bit.
As time goes by I remember things about my Mum, but what is more noticable is that I am starting to think and act just like her, I can see it in myself.
In a year or two you will say something and then think, oh god that was Mum saying that!
Chin up Helena we are here to wipe the tears from your ears when ever necessary
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Oh Helen, your post made me cry.

I know your mum has suffered so much, I'm so glad the end was peaceful for her.

My heart goes out to you and your family and best wishes to you all.

Hugs xx
Thanks Lottie, sorry I made you cry, it made me cry too on that sad night, but not anymore Lottie, I'm all better now with that bit.xxxx

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hi Helena, everything you are feeling is perfectly normal, you won't know where you are for a while yet. I think you just have to ride this roller coaster until the pain eases and it does, bit by bit.
As time goes by I remember things about my Mum, but what is more noticable is that I am starting to think and act just like her, I can see it in myself.
In a year or two you will say something and then think, oh god that was Mum saying that!
Chin up Helena we are here to wipe the tears from your ears when ever necessary
Thanks Jenny, it'll be nice to be normal for a short while then!!!! and tears DO get in yer ears yer know!!! When you're lying in bed laying on your back they do, I know only too well!!! Thanks for always being there for me with your lovely little pm's that always made me smile, and it wasn't just through this either, you have always thought of me throughout it all, so thanks Jen xxxxxxx

I had some lovely little black stud earrings which I bought for Tuesday, and even though I'd been on that vino, I remember when I got undressed, I painstakingly took them out, managed to put the butterfly clips back in them with great precision bearing in mind the state I was in ..... but do you think I know where I Put them??? Nah!!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Wishing you lots of love and happiness for the new chapter in your life.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
It's good that I've got you lot on here, at least this way I can let it all out without fear of retribution or boring everybody else around me!
No chance of that H _ I'm still reading each and every post on this thread - you've had some brilliant and sensitive advice from so many that there's now't more that I can add - FWIW I like the idea of taking Zena up to PAT dog standard, it's a thoroughly worthwhile objective and will give you something to aim for which is maybe what you need right now - Mum would approve I'm certain of that.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2009, 07:59 AM
I agree about the PAT, hopefully Chase would be good at it as we would like to do that with him too. And Zena is just a gem she'd love it
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Helena,I've been away for a couple of weeks and just saw your post.
I am so very very sorry.Just wanted to tell you that i'm thinking of you x
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2009, 07:45 PM
How r u doing H? xxx
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Helena I hardly bother coming on this site any more but did have a quick look just now and saw your thread, I'm very sorry to hear your news,and just wanted to offer my condolences.
Page 26 of 27 « First < 16 23 24 25 26 27 >