Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lozzy100
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2007, 05:23 PM

funny dog tales

Hi guys,

thought i would share this with you all, firstly this happend a few weeks back,,,

i went to work as normal all dogs happy as they have someone here with them while i am away at work,,my step daughter who is 18, anyway a normal day,,was just about to finish work when my OH phoned me and asked me if i had heard about KC my little chap, i said what about him, OH calmly says dont panic but he is missing, well you can imagine my reaction,,,so shouting down the phone to him in total panic asked how long he has been missing, he says well he has not been seen since 2pm well by this time it was 6pm,,i asked if they had reported him missing, has anyone gone out looking for him etc etc,,anyway phoned my boss and said i had to go she did not argue i was in tears,,i drove around the areas where i walk him calling out his name asking if anyone has seen him,,kept getting no

Came home and sat down and said well it has been hours, and no one has called to say he has been found as he has all details on name tag,,so i thought he has either been stolen or worse,,,,anyway it was around 7:30 pm i sat on the sofa crying, OH said well better feed the others, as he called out DINNER,,,i felt something moving under me,,i thought what the heck is that,,,i pulled out the drawer under the sofa and OMG there KC curled up asleep...i grabbed him out and just hugged him...he had no idea the amount of pain and upset he had caused....lol

Just wondering if anyone else has a scarey story that has a happy ending to it,,if so please share...

Hugs Loz xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Similar thing happened to me with Ozzy (RIP) - he was my previous Rottie.

It was at the previous house we lived in, he had free run of the garden and it was fully fenced in with a bolted gate. We'd gone out for about an hour, came back and shouted of him in, no sign of him.

Major panic ensued, I was in floods of tears, envisiging all sorts of nightmare seniarios of what would become of him. It wasn't long before my neighbours kids came knocking asking if we'd lost our dog, told them yes - turned out he'd managed to get into next doors garden and had been there the whole time!

I went round and saw a very sheepish Rottie looking back at me before he exploded with joy at getting 'rescued' - meanwhile the family were glad to have their garden back as they'd been too scared to go near him

Next day during daylight we saw how he'd barged his way through a small space in the fencing, we fixed it so he never did it again!
sammerson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2007, 06:49 PM
When my mom first got her dog, Freeway, she and her fiance had a construction business and they were living in work trailers as it was just a temporary place. All of the men that worked for them lived in the trailers around them and they ALWAYS thought it was funny to steal Freeway or lock her up in another trailer and tell my mom that she had gone missing. They would let my mom cry and search for that dog all day long and finally give in and let her free. It was a cruel game to play, I think I would have knocked them silly!!!

I'm so glad your story had a happy ending!!!
Lozzy100
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2007, 07:16 PM
omg sammerson, how awful, that is one sick game too play,,makes you wonder what planet they were from..so glad that it was just a joke though.

Anne marie, it must of been a huge relief for you, but i must admit my neighbours rottie ended up in my garden after tunneling a hole to get to my gsd, and i must admit i was worried about approaching as when i did he growled...lol but it all ended up ok,,but ya know when i go round his house he was fine,,in my yard he was evil..lol

Hugs Loz
sammerson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lozzy100 View Post
omg sammerson, how awful, that is one sick game too play,,makes you wonder what planet they were from..so glad that it was just a joke though.

Well, it really came as no surprise considering the type of people that were working for them...they were good workers but they WERE a little off in the head!!!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Similar thing happend to us too. To cut a long story short, after searching round the neighbourhood for ages, (me, OH & brother even 2 of the neighbours turned out for the search)......... Toby was discovered by my dad and another neighbour to be upstairs in his front bedroom nochanantly lying on the bed with one of his favourite bonios for a snack..not a care in the world
sammerson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2007, 07:25 PM
BTW, I'm about to make myself sound really stupid but what does OH stand for???
Lozzy100
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2007, 07:54 PM
no you dont sound stupid i wondered that too not that long ago...lol but i was not brave enough to post it, so i pm someone..lol it means OH= other half...

Thought it was funny as you said a little off in the head...lol
Lozzy100
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2007, 07:56 PM
well done toby...hehehehehe what a clever boy with a treat when he woke up..lmao.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by sammerson View Post
BTW, I'm about to make myself sound really stupid but what does OH stand for???
I wondered too when I first joined

Originally Posted by Lozzy100 View Post
well done toby...hehehehehe what a clever boy with a treat when he woke up..lmao.
Aye he's not daft, least he knew he wouldn't starve whilst trapped in the bedroom
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >