Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 05:26 PM

Rspca

Ok so not a dog chat but this has me feeling mad
My sister has a stray cat been turning up for a little while she has her own cats and does not want it, but it now has a BAD ear infection of some sort, literally oozing brown gunge and whatever you are imagining double it, it is foul. The cat is not strictly stray as it lives a few doors from her, She has called the RSPCA today as she is so upset for the poor thing, and they "can't collect it today ring a vet and take it there in a taxi" so called the vets (hers not mine) they said they are not willing to take it without a ref number from RSPCA to say they will pay for it, now she can't get back through to Rspca.
The point of my post is to say how great our loyal force of animal carers really are (with a little whiff of sarcasm)
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 05:36 PM
I have had a similar experience with the RSPCA tbh, wasn't happy when I rang them, which is sad because they generally do good work xx
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Ok so not a dog chat but this has me feeling mad
My sister has a stray cat been turning up for a little while she has her own cats and does not want it, but it now has a BAD ear infection of some sort, literally oozing brown gunge and whatever you are imagining double it, it is foul. The cat is not strictly stray as it lives a few doors from her, She has called the RSPCA today as she is so upset for the poor thing, and they "can't collect it today ring a vet and take it there in a taxi" so called the vets (hers not mine) they said they are not willing to take it without a ref number from RSPCA to say they will pay for it, now she can't get back through to Rspca.
The point of my post is to say how great our loyal force of animal carers really are (with a little whiff of sarcasm)
Hi That is awful, but there must be some cat charities in the area,they are more willing crystalgirl
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 06:50 PM
I did noy rate them much when I called them.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Some time ago, the RSPCA outsourced their calls to a call centre. Unfortunately, call centres are only as good as the person at the end of the 'phone.

When your sister rings back again, tell her to get a name and if she doesn't feel she is getting proper service to ask for the team manager and then the section manager if she still doesn't feel she is being taken seriously.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2013, 03:11 PM
I've had two experiences try to get the RSPCA to help animals in need, and both times they were worse than useless.

The first time was many years ago, when I wanted to help a poor, neglected pony (I have never seen anything look so dreadful and still be alive). They were not interested. A few weeks later the field was empty, so I can only assume that the pony died.

The second time was more recently, when I was followed home by a cat in a shocking state. I gave her food and water and rang the RSPCA whilst she was eating... again, not interested. I have no idea what happened to this cat. I expected her to return because she had been fed here and looked like it had been her first decent meal in weeks, but she never did.