View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-01-2008, 09:33 PM
British gas have increased their prices so much over the years.My summer quarterly for example used to be around £20,but is now inexcess of £40 and im not using anymore gas.Infact im using less than i was 5 years ago (i have every single bill!) and house is insulated well.

Its just greed.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi all,

I work for one of the companies you're talking about, and the reasoning for the price increase is that the natural reserves around us are dwindling, so they are having to import gas, which when they buy it at wholesale, is obviously more expensive as they have to import it.....

OFGEM are the regulators for energy supplies - not energywatch as so many people think.

If you're thinking of switching companies because of the price increases of certain ones at the moment, I would potentially re think - they will all be pretty much back even within the coming months....
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Hi all,

I work for one of the companies you're talking about, and the reasoning for the price increase is that the natural reserves around us are dwindling, so they are having to import gas, which when they buy it at wholesale, is obviously more expensive as they have to import it.....

OFGEM are the regulators for energy supplies - not energywatch as so many people think.

If you're thinking of switching companies because of the price increases of certain ones at the moment, I would potentially re think - they will all be pretty much back even within the coming months....
Yes the reserves are dwindling BUT havent they stored tons of gas abroad ready to pipe it through to us, and this was bought at a cheaper cost!
this is where they are ripping us off.

if you noticed when they announced the increase the met office had said we were in for a very cold snap(-17), so up went the prices.

now its been mentioned that the prices are coming down again in Feb. Hey! no cold snap.

Profiteering robbing sods! about time the cartel were looked into. lets hope they do find the robdogs are corrupt.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Thats just it, they didn't buy enough at the cheaper prices as it wasn't available - they aren't ripping people off - if it was just one company doing it, then yes I would understand the confusion, but as its clear that this has increased across the board, surely everyone will see the justification?

Sorry if I sound harsh - I have to explain this quite a few times a day.....actually, about 50!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2008, 03:52 PM
My council have the right idea as we have just had cavity wall insulation done and they are in the process of new rough casting on my house at the moment.Mind you it's taken weeks to finish,next I'm to have my loft insulated too,xxxxxxxxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2008, 09:18 PM
The other thing people don't think about is how easy it is to save money - switch your mobile phone chargers off when you're not using them, don't leave tv on standby etc etc we all do it - you can save a fortune just by switching your thermostat down by 2 degrees!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Shell have just announced record profits last year.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2008, 10:47 PM
I don't work for shell
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
The other thing people don't think about is how easy it is to save money - switch your mobile phone chargers off when you're not using them, don't leave tv on standby etc etc we all do it - you can save a fortune just by switching your thermostat down by 2 degrees!
The power supplier has saved me money in the last two days - power cuts lasting several hours each

Why do power cuts always happen when its getting dark or is already dark
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Hmm, did you call your supplier? Does your supplier begin with a B?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >