Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2007, 04:20 PM

too close!!

Charlie (G.Retriever) is doing great at puppy class, he gets on great with all the pups there and is coming on with his training lessons. So far so good!
The problem is at home! He insists on following Ben (my 7yr cocker spaniel) about, he practically glues himself to him he gets so close. When he picks up a toy, he wants Ben to play with him,and follows him around throwing the toy in his face, he keeps barging in when Ben wants to do anything and it's becoming a nuisance, poor Ben can't be bothered with him to be honest Charlie is so daft he doesn't take the hint!
I can seperate them easily enough and there is no malice in Charlie but Ben has started growling at him, it started off when Charlie was in his face but now it is when he is just walking past.
Any ideas to teach Charlie some manners?
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 03:28 PM
I think you just have to let them get on with it tbh. Charlie will have to learn that he can't be in Ben's face all the time and really only ben can do this which will ensure that Chas doesn't bother older dogs outside too much who maybe won't be so tolerant. Only thing i can think of is distract Chas and play with him yourself to give B some peace and quiet.