View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Oh Lynn, brilliant news, absolutely Brilliant!!!! i know how relieved i was when petplan agreed to take Kota on after 2 years, like a flippin great rock had been lifted, we didn't have to call to say we were going to the vet and get permission but they did say that if the dog had been ill and i had noticed before out of hours and i then took her to out of hours i would have to pay myself. I get the teeth checked when we got for the vaccinations, o long as the vet notes down they have been seen i think you are o.k
My dad has just phoned and apologised to me...told him i am not bothered
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Oh Lynn, so glad you got Dillon's insurance sorted. Sounds good.

Barry, I am surprised that you are still walking around. Lol you do ask for it.

Griff, Taxis could work out expensive but seeing as apart from hospital you do not go out anywhere other than to walk the dogs I guess you will be ok. Take care love.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Just been to to opticians, had some good news the pressure in my eyes have dropped right down to 9 and 10 respectively, before they were up in the low 20's so happy with the eye drops. Still wont be able to drive because of the side vision but at least I won't be going blind.

To get to the opticians Sue and I walked cutting through the alleyways, Didn't even get out of breath this time so everything better than before.

One just not realise how much an operation can affect normal activities
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 12:36 PM
That's good news Tweed.
Oh dear giving dad the cold shoulder there griff may do him some good.
Do feel like a large weight off my mind now that's sorted.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Griff, at least he reaslizes he was in the wrong and is sorry, but I do not blame you for wanting to teach him a lesson.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Oh Tumbleweed, that is great...pleased the operation has sorted you out and fabby about the eye pressures
We both said some horrible things but i will never apologise for anything i say...if i say it i mean it, it will be fine when he comes home. I am fine with things though, as most of you know i am perfectly happy not to speak to people...i don't speak to 95% of my family anyway Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 02:08 PM
Lynn that is great about the insurance for Dillon. Am just back from the bone run, and of course no sign of son.....just had a text from him saying he will be an hour, so all that rushing about for nothing then as I would have been back within the next hour anyway if I had gone out at my usual time.
Will get bones bagged and in the freezer, dropped shavings round the back on my way out, so will bring them in, do the beds, clean the yard etc. whilst I am waiting for him.
Tomorrow I too will ring these paragons of Insurance Virtue and see if I can get the older girls at least covered, also Zen if I can afford to. Not a good month for me financially due to all the goings on in the bathroom and kitchen, plus Christmas so may have to wait till February to start it off if I go for it.
Griff, hoping your dad shows his remorse by taking you to training and keeping his mouth shut unless its to say something nice!!!
T'weed pleased to hear the eyes have settled down and you are beginning to get over the op. All you need is major surgery on your jokes and you'll be fine
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Not sure how old the older girls are June but they do load from 7 onwards.
Still worth ringing though and having a chat.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 02:38 PM
They are 10 now, hoping the fact that they've never had a claim in their lives and rarely see a vet helps!!!
Son not here, so off outside to sort girls out. VERY disappointed in the product of the bone run today, 3 bin liners, inside was mainly trimmings (I've told them umpteen times I don't use them as mainly fat and I have to then get rid of it myself) and a few bones. Got 2 bags of big bones for teas, some lamb ribs and a neck (but not enough for 5 of them) and enough smaller recreational bones for about 2 days max Good job I got some more chicken drumsticks yesterday from Iceland, but not worth the lpg to go there and back (nearly 50 mile round trip) just thank goodness it wasn't petrol I was using!!! I have picked out some meaty bits from the trimmings and saved those and put them in the freezer as well
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2016, 03:11 PM
Afternoon all. I'm surfacing again as I'm having a relatively lazy day.
T'weed I like your ditty. Of course it doesn't apply to anyone on here! Glad your eye pressures are good. I have to get mine checked regularly, they're normally in the region of 15-17.
June last time I got a bag of bones it contained a lot of trimmings + a pigs head which the dogs didn't like and I had to dispose of it as well.
Glad you got your insurance sorted Lynn. Have I missed who you went with?
For me I like to insure but haven't always done so and now in the position of maybe having to fork out for a cruciate.
Griff I sympathise having to deal with a member of the male species who won't listen. I've had many years experience!! Two of my friends are now single. One just HAD to get another fella, the other one isn't bothered and says she couldn't get the first one trained let alone be bothered with another!
I've just got back from a dog walk with a friend. We came across a dog walker with 7 dogs who were all very amenable but it's a big responsibility what would they do if things kicked off? I've just heard about a 3 year old GSD who died due to being attacked by 5 dogs and the poor owner has only just lost her husband.
Brenda I hope you can sort the dog/owner out. Mandy & Moyra & anyone else I've missed keep warm & safe. I have my electric blanket cranked up to the max now.
Now I'm home, dogs all fed, fires lit, just contemplating heating up my spag Bol and keep my feet up for the evening for once!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »