View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Yeah, you're probably right. I've heard good things about M&S pet insurance, but still, that is one eye watering premium. I guess what you really need to avoid is to switch if you have a policy that won't drop you for a chronic condition, when taking out a new policy wouldn't cover it at all... yeesh. What a mess. I'm sorry!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Don't be sorry it's just one of those things.

It just goes to show though, it all comes back around in the end.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-12-2013, 12:41 AM
Well, I'm still sorry anyway! So there.

Seriously, it's not at all nice being smacked with such a heavy expense, at this time of year. I don't know if you're doing holidays, but it's enough getting by on the basics. Happy happies! Hope you're having a good one!
2Greys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Wow that's a huge premium bit crap that still have an extra 20% to pay on top. Think they bump it up so high to get rid of potentially expensive customers.

My dog was said to have grade 2 murmur by our vets which I thought was odd that its never been picked up on quarterly visits to blood bank to donate, so I asked their vet at next one & she said that he didn't have a murmur & they wouldn't accept dogs with cardio issues to donate. Its on his vet records now though.
lcroberts9
New Member!
Female 

27-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Poor you, that's terribly expensive!
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-12-2013, 12:11 AM
I feel your pain Linda, my oldie is with them but I feel if I cancel something disastrous will happen. She's had big bills in the past hence the premium and, like Loki, is uninsurable elsewhere, heck they don't even give us a no claims bonus.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2013, 02:55 PM
I've just had a slap round the face with mine too Linda! They've just sent me my renewal and it's doubled to over £400 per year when I've never, ever claimed a penny!!! Needless to say I've just rung them to tell them I shall be leaving them, and the best she could do was to tell me that Zena is an *old* dog now (at 5?????? ) and I could go down to the basic cover, so I said no fanks, I shall be cancelling my dd and getting another quote from another company.

So far, I've come up with the Co-op which is a good deal? It will be interesting when I go into Direct Line's website and apply for a quote for Zena as a new customer won't it! THEN I shall be having words with them again £400 quid a year my a*se!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Vetsmedicover Helena, £27 a month for total cover.
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-12-2013, 04:31 PM
All I can say is ring them up and complain and sell them a sob story about Loki's problems and finance and then see if they will give you a discount. If not you could alway say you will have to go and talk to watchdog about the ridiculous hike in prices. Try and be supper nice but stuck as you love your animals and need help. Also try saying it would be better to put the money in the bank and how you will have to leave as they know you won't be able to go with another insurer with ongoing problem.

I have managed to get discount on my cats prescription foods and a discount on my two cats insurance as I rang them up and made a fuss. My expreience is with cats as I have owned them longer and have only had to insure Ellen for a year. But it seemed to work I got 5-10% off things but at what you are being charged that would help.

They might offer a bit off and everything help.
Sorry they are being so nasty. I know how you feel to some extent as my cats were old and had tons of problems and an excess of 100 + 20% for the last few year.

Ndidi
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Vetsmedicover Helena, £27 a month for total cover.
thanks June but they just quoted me £420??!!!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >