View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Diesel - attention seeking, I can cope with him staring at me and wagging his tail, because he always does this to the side of me so I can just see it out of the corner of my eye, and when I'm busy I have the choice not to stroke him, but when he decides that he wants to be stroked whether I can or not, and will shove his heard wherever it can go, the amount of times I've been opening drawers and because Diesel wont move he gets hit on the head is unreal you would of thought he had learned by now!! Also shoving his head towards my arm, I've been sat down reading important things before only to have Diesel shove his head between my arm and my body, and it takes about five minutes of ignoring to get him to go bless him, that makes me feel guilty, but at times like this 'budge' (what the dogs are taught to listen too, and works apart from when Diesel wants attention) doesn't work, and he looks so sad when I'm busy bless him.

Honey - having to lock every door that opens towards her to stop her opening the doors when she's not meant to, I can't tell you the amount of postmen she's scarred because she likes to meet people and knows how to open doors madam can even open gates too where I use to live you could put her in the back garden, but if you forgot to lock it, in the time of a person going a toliet, she herself would of been, got bored, opened the back door, opened the dogs room door, opened the living room door, opened the front door, had a wander round, and then opened the garden gate, and be following some stranger who is in need of Honey love down the road .

Oh and over excitment about everything, everything is new and exciting no matter how many times she's seen it, all things desevre a huff, skip and a jump towards, and everything that is within tail distance gets bruised or broken!!
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Hamish is a counter surfer.. although I have learnt not to leave stuff out my hubby forgets sometimes (so Hamish gets himself a bit of toast and behaviour reinforced!)

He rolls in everything, most recently manure - he ate a bit and when I told him to "leave it" he rolled in the rest

The trail of water he leaves from his bowl right through to the living room!

Also, he sometimes comes up for a cuddle...and burps in your face..

Just so adorable lol

dee xx
josshun
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-06-2010, 08:43 AM
hi there my dog kiki is glued to me i can not sit down she's on my lap go out side she's there she even whines when im in the shower or go to the loo now my little boy cody ( he's just 7 month's old ) has started to do the same and it's a fight who can push who of my lap he is actualy sitting on my lap now and kiki is on my feet but would not be without them love all my dog's to bit's
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Just been catching up and sitting here laughing, so glad its not just me.

I know one thing Tess with a lampshade on is really driving me nuts at the monet, all I hear is people going OUCH TESS as she ploughs her way threw.............its like having your legs chopped off by a bulldozer swinging a razor edged tool
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 11:52 AM
I've thought of one more for Lola....

When she is very frustrated with Marius like when she wants the toy he has or to incite play when he's ignoring her - she'll go underneath him and bite his balls

Poor lad, that's one way of making his eyes water!

This is one habit that I think I've cured her of, needless to say she gets a right telling off for this little trick and knows she cannot get away with it. That said if she thinks I can't see I've no doubt she'll try it one more time.......
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 12:53 PM
...And that trick where you`ve got a cup of tea in your hand and they shove their nose under your elbow and it goes all down your front.....
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
...And that trick where you`ve got a cup of tea in your hand and they shove their nose under your elbow and it goes all down your front.....
YES! That is soooooooooooo Maddy.

Star's would be that she rips the absolute pi$$ out of those who don't 'know' dogs well, especially my bf. She just knoooooooooows she can get away with anything with him and she runs rings round him and soon as I come in she's all "Ooooh mummy i'm such a good girl" She knows FINE WELL what she's doing!

Dusty's would be that if she needs to toilet, she will toilet, she never has had the capacity to hold it or tell you. Thankfully they get let out so often it's a rare occurrence an accident happens but if you are late back, or held up somewhere as is life... I have spoke to many a mini dachs owner since owning one and found they are similar, I know Eunice said the same and Becky calls her Percy 'pi$$y Percy' I'll never have another.

Maddy's would be how she hates other dogs, don't really have to elaborate on that, I just sooooooooo wish she didn't and she'd be perfect! Apart from being attention seeking and jealous...

Charlie's would be his escapism. If he is on a walk and you let him off his recall is good but if he thinks he's escaped then he's instantly deaf. I assume it's something to do with before I had him he was allowed to roam the streets, that's my excuse anyway and i'm sticking to it!
kiwijan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Whining in the car and taking up far more than his share of the bed - and when you try pushing him over - the indignant look you get!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
When he won't come back in the house from being outside and I'm stood there, in the doorway saying ''Woody, in'' 25 times and he just sits and stares at me.

Drives me bonkers and he knows it!
Oh Pidge Star does this too! She stands just outside the back door and I call all the dogs and she comes, then stands there, and I say "Star, in" and she just sit and looks and doesn't move a muscle, wee swine.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Oh another thing I have remembered is as soon as I get up in the morning for a pee, the dogs go BEZERK. Barking and baying and whinging and all manner of racket! And ONLY me! I have no idea HOW they know it's me but I open the bedroom door and it's like 3 steps to the bathroom, but they can somehow analyse those 3 steps and work out it's me! If it's Myles or the bf they don't make a sound only very occasionally a couple of woofs for the bf and then they settle back down. When it is me they will carry on 'til I go down and let them out for a pee. If I don't go to the loo before they need to, then it's usually about 8-8:30am they need out, one dog will start it and the rest will join the chorus 'til I get up.

ETA: Yes I have tried creeping ever so quietly but the bathroom door is always locked from the outside (otherwise the cats go in as they can open doors and unravel and shred up all the loo roll ) so they hear the lock click when I unlock it and they start and then I REALLy don't know how they know it's me, but they always do and they NEVER bother when it's Myles!
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >