Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 09:29 PM

Takara's strange new obsession

Takara has a park bin obsession - of a different kind.

She's always been a bit 'interested' in park bins (by that I mean stealing what she can from it and running off with it dropping bits all over the park) but her recent behaviour is just a bit weird.

Now she has decided I have to see her leave the bin alone.

She's done it a few times, going up to the bin, looking at me and then leaving it but tonight just confirmed it.
Walking along the path Takara suddenly disappeared around the corner and I knew exactly where she was going! There's a bin around the corner stuffed full of chippy wrappers, cartons of curry sauce etc and next to it, a barbeque leaned against the bin.

I caught up and turned the corner and there was T, stood next to the bin waiting for me.

As soon as she saw me, she went upto the bin, touched the wrappers, I told her to leave it and she did. I called out 'good girl! Come on then!' and she came trotting along, tail wagging so pleased that mummy had seen her leave the stuff in the bin.

What a little git
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Isla does this often and I guess it's actually very clever. The dog learns what it is you don't want them to do, wait for you to tell them not to do it and when you do they get praise, or in Isla's case a tasty treat!
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Way to go takara, she's just showing her mum, shes a reformed litter lout.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 10:44 PM
lol rips - that's what I figured she was doing... but strange that suddenly the reward she's getting from me beats the reward she'd get if she raided the bin.

For three and a half years she's been the ASBO dog when it comes to litter and food and she's suddenly decided it's better to do as she's told...

lynnb - I think she may be lulling me into a false sense of security
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 08:42 AM
lol. somethings brewing, that did make me laugh though.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Bless her, clever girlie!
Becky