Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-04-2009, 07:59 PM

What Do You Think?

Hi, just had a visit from my neighbour to say that she is teriffied that my new rottie will maul her child to death...she has never even met him yet!! Had to bring her in and reasure her that as I have 2 kids myself does she really think I would have a viscious dog in the house..everyone loves my old rottie as they are all used to her now..just want to know how other people would feel living next door to me with 2?? We are very responsible dog owners (just like to add that) I am a bit gutted and sad that people feel like this without even giving the dog a chance to prove himself..
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-04-2009, 08:01 PM
I must admit - I'd feel a little nervous living next to you.

Two kids, did you say? Whoa - I've heard they can just 'turn'. Still the rottie should keep you safe.
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:06 PM
who can just turn?? the kids or the rotties? If you mean rotties then I think that is a very sad way of thinking...dogs dont just "turn" there are always signals to read...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:06 PM
I'd love you........I love Rotti's, baggy's I take them a walk with mine
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
I must admit - I'd feel a little nervous living next to you.

Two kids, did you say? Whoa - I've heard they can just 'turn'. Still the rottie should keep you safe.
bahahahaha class you would be far safer next door to me with just one kid, four rotties and a neapolitan mastiff lodger,

I have to ask though, did she come round on purpose just to tell you she had concerns? if so I would want to know why she had them,

my neighbours were terrified of dogs when I moved here, Now they love all my dogs,

its strange that yours are used to your older rottie, yet feel the younger one is a danger to there kids....
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by heavensent View Post
who can just turn?? the kids or the rotties? If you mean rotties then I think that is a very sad way of thinking...dogs dont just "turn" there are always signals to read...
John was being sarcy. saying your kids could just turn !! not your dogs LOL

i suppose its good that they came round and spoke to you about it rather than just ignored you etc...

i wouldnt be scared - i would be round for a cuddle,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by heavensent View Post
he ment " hes heard the kids can just turn" lol thats johns humour for ya
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:12 PM
shona, there is no basis for her fears, as I say she has never even seen him yet!! She had a dream she says that a rottie mauls her daughter, dont know if this is just an excuse...she was going to put her house on the market and everything till her hubby told her to stop being so daft and come and speak to us
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:12 PM
I would have no problem at all living next door to any breed. I judge dogs, humans, whatever, as what that particular individual of the species is like. People who judge by breed are a bit sad, if you ask me. I'm sure once she gets to meet your Rotties a few times, she'll love them, who couldn't love a big cuddly Rottie
heavensent
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-04-2009, 08:14 PM
lol and you are right about the kids turning...but they get a severe telling off and no chews to eat ha ha
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »