Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2005, 12:01 PM

Not for competition?

Does anyone know why some Champshows charge (what i feel) is an extotrionate fee to bring a dog that is not fro competition?

I know there are insurance costs etc but £10 just to bring your dog along with you and not even be entered?????????
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2005, 12:25 PM
They do supply a bench and the dog is entered in the catalogue and there is the admin charge but agree £10 seems a lot but I don't know what the bench charges are. Whilst on the subject of Championship Show charges I do wonder if they could not see their way to reducing the cost of entering a second or third dog, from their point of view the work and expense must be less, they will all come in the same car and it would help those who do or could show a multiple number of dog. Also think those Shows who book venues that require the exhibitors to pay a car park to a third party should reflect the fact in the entry charges and as for those who add a car park charge onto of the entry fee, well, I would need a lot of explaining to understand why that is necessary. There are a lot of expenses in running a show that the exhibitors do not think of or understand but I think some society are just taking the Mickey.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2005, 12:31 PM
as for those who add a car park charge onto of the entry fee, well, I would need a lot of explaining to understand why that is necessary
what a cheek
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2005, 02:12 PM
It used to only be the NEC where you had to pay for the car park separately and even then I have a sneaking suspicion that the show organisers took a cut, else why was it more for Crufts than it was for LKA and more for LKA than it is for some events. Unless by memory is failing me, 'tis possible, Windsor charged car park fees on top of the entry fees for the first time last year making it well over £20 for the first dog.
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Yes, and at SKC a separate charge is made for parking supposedly by the Showground mangement, and no such charge was made for Gundog Breeds of Scotland, at the same venue.

Funny that isn't it.

Dawn R.