View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2007, 03:11 PM
During the week, mine get fed around 7.00-7.30am and then off out for a walk (OH and Mum takes care of morning routines during the week as I leave for work at 5am).

If I finish work whilst there is still some light in the sky then we'll go out for a good run over the fields around 3-4pm and they come back and have their tea between 5 and 6pm.
If it's dark by the time I get home then they'll have their tea normal time and then go out for a (mainly) lead walk later in the evening.

Weekends vary. If I get up before 8pm, we'll go for a 2 hour walk then they'll have breakfast once they get back. If I get up later it's breakfast first.

I always prefer to walk my dogs before their meals but sometimes it's not always possible, particularly in winter when the lack of daylight hours influences your routine. However, the first task of the day is exercising the dogs as mine make your life a misery until they get taken out. As soon as they wake up they are ready to get started so everything else gets put off until they are suitable tired out!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Mine are walked around 7.00am for at least an hour, then fed at 8.45, out for a peepee at 2 and fed again, back out to walk at 5 for 1 1/2 - 2 hrs then fed at 7.45, walked at 10 pm then ready brek with goats milk before bed.
The wee one is fed at 7am, then 12 then 6pm then ready brek before bed cause she is so young her excersise hasn't started yet.
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-12-2007, 09:45 AM
My Staffy used to be walked once in the morning and again in the afternoon for about 40 minutes each time. He's now 16 though and rarely wants to leave the house! By the time he has his lead on and gets 2 minutes down the road he wants to turn around and go back to bed! Jake has two small meals a day, i keep him under weight on vets advice as he has arthritis and kidney problems.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3