Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
paulabgv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2006, 07:49 PM
What a horrible thing to happen to you & Bruno
It's ignorance like this that causes panic & hysteria in the first place. Give Bruno a huge hug from me!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-09-2006, 07:52 PM
It's that sort of ignorance thats caused all this in the first place.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 07:53 PM
aww thanks for all the hugs - to be honest I wasnt upset by it as have actually come to expect it now and usually if out and about I will actually say something - I wasnt feeling great today though - pregnancy hormones and all that so coudl treally be doing with her silly attitude.

Bruno missed out on his kiddie cuddles though and the staff in the bank who normally are all delighted to see my wee waddler all just looked at the woman rather strangely.

its just sad - but ultimately she will never know what its like to own such a fantastic mutt !!!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-09-2006, 08:01 PM
thats more like it dani its her loss and the others like her if they don't know the bond we share with our dogs then they dont deserve it.

i dont think any owner can harden up to their dog being verbally abused i know i wouldn't be able to my feelings would get the better of me.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Sorry Dani that you have had to put up with the ignorance of this stupid woman. I have had this for years too having Dobes. I have lost count of the times people have pulled their kids away from Cody as if he has two heads or something. Bad manners get my goat though. One man pointed to Cody and said very loudly, "I don't like that dog", I just turned back to him and said, "That's a real shame because he likes you even though you have got really bad manners". He went really, really red and shot off down the street, I think he just expected me to accept his rude comments.

Give your Bruno a kiss and cuddle from me and my grandkids (Kiah would love him), I'd say give him a kiss from Cody too but neither Bruno or Cody would appreciate that one!!!! (Cody doesn't like other dogs)

Cody with Kiah

[IMG-BIG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/vizzinv/tamcam012.jpg[/IMG-BIG]
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Poor Bruno...I have come across this many times too....I now just think, its their loss....
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 08:07 PM
The media has a lot to answer for, heard on the children’s TV that people should not be afraid of most dogs but some dogs like the Rottie and the Bulldog can be dangerous - the Bulldog - well will agree the fart of a Bulldog may maim at a 100 yards but if you survive that they could love you to death.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-09-2006, 08:12 PM
I was in pets at home today (just for a change lol) and a Bulldog in there prob the friendliest dog I've ever come across. It's crazy, if we were to critisise a race of people because of one persons act we'd be frowned upon.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-09-2006, 08:14 PM
good point why can't people just see them for what they are dogs.........size/shape and breed doesn't come into it.
you can get good and bad in any dogs just the same as people, except i think i would sooner have the dog for company in most cases.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 08:15 PM
All i can say is what a stupid ignorant woman!
She really doesn't know what she's missing and poor Bruno not getting a pat
I really can't wait till i have both of our's out on leads,it's bad enough with just Tyler,can't wait to see some of the looks when i have Meg with us too.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >