Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by tuti
That's just it, it's your opinion... not ours. Or do you expect us all to have the same opinion as you?

do you also expect us to agree with these opinions?

It's not necessary to resort to personal attacks on members just to try and make a point. If you're sorry for the loss of magix then go ahead and say it, but there's no need to insult the people who have posted in this thread?
well maybe people insulted me, magix and magix family, maybe not said with my name in but still uncalled for what was said by certain so called doglover! it justs seems to me tuti your sticking up for someone else!
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Hayley, I'm sorry your friend's dog has died. Was your friend aware of this farmer's proclivity to threaten the lives of dogs? Has the farmer been reported to the police before this incident, for threatening behaviour at least?
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 01:07 PM
OK i put this to you the people who are defending this farmer

well if you dog got shot would u be like OH ITS MY FAULT or OH WELL

**** NO you would want to kill this ******* yourself, come on get a clue and stop thinking your perfect when your cleary not!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by rich c
OK, how about we look at it this way. Which is more dangerous:
A dog of any breed on a public footpath, off lead but not obviously out of control.
A madman with a lethal firearm.

Yes, in my opinion, that farmer is clearly a few cabbages short of a full field! Who the hell goes around discharging a firearm in public these days! I don't give a stuff about him being on his land, he SHOULD NOT have chosen to shoot that dog as a FIRST resort toward resolving whatever concerns he had. A civilized warning outlining his concerns would have sufficed, followed by involving the police if that wasn't heeded. As I mentioned before, I hope he gets what's coming. Hopefully the barrel of his gun shoved where the sun don't shine!

(This thread is sooooo gonna get locked, isn't it? )
thanks rich for having a clue mate!
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Hi Hayley, I'm afraid I'll have to return that sentiment - I didn't say you were on his land, I was giving an analogy that walking around an area that knowingly poses a threat to you or your dog is dangerous regardless of the public right of way.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Archaeopath
Hayley, I'm sorry your friend's dog has died. Was your friend aware of this farmer's proclivity to threaten the lives of dogs? Has the farmer been reported to the police before this incident, for threatening behaviour at least?
hey becs no this farmer has in it for me the most not so much her and her dogs! so could have easily been one of mine! so really im finding this very hard! hes been reported i dont know so much right now, its hard for magix mum she near on breaking down! yes because he shot another dog in the head about 3 years ago, go away with!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
OMG NOT HIS LAND! and there were crop feilds 12ft high across and above and they were not even his land!
SO why cant she let her dogs off lead, free country!
Hayley the title of this thread is Farmers is it not ,
I have written a thread about Farmers ...
I not sure what point you are making
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

he becs sorry if i came across being nasty im not angry with you! but the thing is this is not his land and his farmland is 3 miles away, so really we should be able to walk our dogs there safe and sound without mad farmers killing our dogs!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

well maybe people insulted me, magix and magix family, maybe not said with my name in but still uncalled for what was said by certain so called doglover! it justs seems to me tuti your sticking up for someone else!
Hayley, firstly I am not defending anyone.

I have not expressed an opinion about what happened, because, to be frank, it's none of my business and I didn't want to end up getting insulted.... which I did anyway

Secondly, could you point out any insults personally directed at you or magix or magix's family? I can't see anything.

Thirdly, I suggest you calm down. Obviously you're upset about the loss of your friend's dog, but there is absolutely no need to take this anger out on a community of people who have helped and supported you when you have been down. Think before you press the reply button, you have already offended a lot of people
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 01:12 PM
OK i put this to you the people who are defending this farmer

well if you dog got shot would u be like OH ITS MY FAULT or OH WELL

**** NO you would want to kill this ******* yourself, come on get a clue and stop thinking your perfect when your cleary not!
I'm sorry Hayley, but if I walked my dog past an area where dogs are frequently threatened with death then by God I'd blame myself. NO I'm not defending the farmer's actions here, but I would consider myself an atrocious dog-owner to be that reckless. It shouldn't be that way, but it is. As mentioned previously, this is real life, where bad things happen and sometimes they are avoidable.
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 19 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »