Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-08-2014, 09:16 AM

Vetsmedicover policy change

Has anyone renewed with Vetsmedicover lately? Seems they have a new underwriter and have changed their policy to 4 different versions

https://www.vetsmedicover.co.uk/faqs

How does the move to Elite affect me?

All existing policies remain with Qudos Insurance A/S, Kongevejen, 371, DK-2840 Holte, Denmark who are regulated by the Danish Financial Services Authority with FSA No.: 53112 CVR . No. DK 3395 6967. Their UK FSA authorisation number is 571608.
When you renew, your policy will be with Elite Insurance Company Limited, our new underwriter.
This will not alter the 'Lifetime' nature of your policy provided that you renew with our ‘diamond’ cover. You will also receive various other bonus features to the policy.
Not sure if this means I have to take out the most expensive policy to keep lifetime cover.
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Why must they over-complicate things?
Carole
Supervisor

31-08-2014, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Fourlegz View Post
Why must they over-complicate things?
Yep I know, its hard enough picking a policy. One positive is that they will cover pre-existing conditions if the pet has been symptom free for 2 years.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2014, 09:52 AM
They've been sending me emails about the Diamond policy, but not read it to be honest. When I first went with them and was emailing questions to them I was told that there would never be an increase in premiums, and guess what increase the following year. I can't really afford for it to keep increasing like this, I've got 4 to insure, 2 older girls are with them, and it's £60 odd pounds a month for them alone Best of it is I've never ever used my insurance so I think I should be getting some sort of rebate.
Carole
Supervisor

31-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
They've been sending me emails about the Diamond policy, but not read it to be honest. When I first went with them and was emailing questions to them I was told that there would never be an increase in premiums, and guess what increase the following year. I can't really afford for it to keep increasing like this, I've got 4 to insure, 2 older girls are with them, and it's £60 odd pounds a month for them alone Best of it is I've never ever used my insurance so I think I should be getting some sort of rebate.
Its getting very expensive A bit like another insurance company that got you with low premiums and hiked them a lot each year.

I've not had any emails yet and my policy is up in December. At the moment the premium is £28 a month for the old £10,000 of cover so I am expecting a big hike if I have to take the diamond cover to keep it at £10,000.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2014, 10:07 AM
With the older girls coming up to 9 its a lot of worry really in case something bad happens. Tawney had a stroke when she was 10 and I wasn't insured and that is my main fear. Mabs insurance went up a stupid amount last year and she's not yet 3 and again never claimed
I'm going to have to get on the phone to them and ask questions and think seriously about doing the 3rd party insurance through Dogs Trust and putting the premiums I pay into a separate account instead. Mine are up in March next year
Carole
Supervisor

31-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Its a big worry when your dogs get older Might give them an email to see how its going to affect existing customers.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2014, 10:25 AM
They'll most likely send a load of gobbledygook with the vital information obscured as much as possible
Carole
Supervisor

31-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
They'll most likely send a load of gobbledygook with the vital information obscured as much as possible
No doubt
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2014, 10:52 AM
We are with them but Dillon is younger our policy is now £55 a month I think but the excess is lower than it was with the last underwriter. They now also insist on a yearly check up. We stayed with them due to Dillon's hips and it does cover him for life. Can't say I have noticed different levels of cover.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >