Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LesaC
New Member!
Female 

18-04-2011, 08:37 AM
One more to add to the thread.

Went to do the school pick up, came home and opened the utility room door. This had been a stuffed scratch toy for the cats that I thought I'd left out of Mac's reach.

partypooch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladycarfax/5713336296/

i think she found a button, and just couldn't help herself!
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2011, 05:35 PM
I came home to this:

Courtesy of Kiara and a tube of red tester paint!!!

I was actually relieved when I realised it was paint - I thought it was blood at first
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2011, 11:25 PM
No pics wish there was now but the worst ever for me must have been when I came home to my two jumping from room to room through a HOLE in my wall They had so much fun, I was mortified, laugh about it now but it was a rented house so completely cr*pped myself incase the owner came round

They had chewed right through the plaster board separater that had been put up, just a hole big enough for them to get through, how the heck they managed it is beyond me.

Apart from that there hasn't been much, mail, duvets and a few teddys
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Sadly, I have no pictorial evidence to hand, but the Tibetan Mastiff has left an impressive trail of destruction behind him in the last 6 years. This started from 20 minutes after I brought him home at 11 weeks and he dug a 2 feet deep hole in what was soon to be an ex rockery with conifers and heathers in it. He trashed it, threw the rocks all over the place and brought the uprooted plants into the house one by one. His nickname immediately became JCB, or more like CWB Canine Wrecking Ball.

This is by no means and exhaustive list as I can't remember half the stuff he's done, but here goes. Also bear in mind he goes in his cage when I leave the house and I have a high dog gate on the bottom of the stairs, so things could have been much worse. Here's his top 10.

1) Trashed the rockery (see above)

2) Folded the carpet back and ripped all the gripper rods up from the living room and kitchen over the space of a week as once he gets something in his mind he can't rest until he carries out his dastardly masterplan. I now have tiles and lino down.

3) Has a fetish for shoes and usually just eats the left one. He's not as bad now (because I put them upstairs or in an inaccessibe cupboard), but he must have trashed about 12 pairs of my shoes alone.

4) Has eaten the soles out of my mum's shoes numerous times. When she visits the first thing he does is look at her feet. If she has a new pair on he's never seen before, his face lights up. He's even take the shoes off her feet when she's been reading the newspaper and distracted. She's left my house with a piece of corrugated cardboard as an insole on a regular basis.

5) Tested out why a throw is called a throw by throwing my favourite one on the old gas fire, ruining it in the process and nearly setting fire to the living room.

6) He's OCD when it comes to labels and if he sees one on one on furniture or even clothes it has to go and he won't rest until he's chewed it off. He's such an expert at it he's neatly removed the label from visitor's clothes and spat it in their lap before now. The problem is, once he started on the ones on the sofa I had when he was a puppy, it was a recipe for carnage.

7) Chewed a chunk out of the pine side table he used as a platform/vantage point as a puppy to see out of the window.

8 ) Chewed/scraped a chunk out of my TV cabinet.

9) We are on our third sofa as once he found the fire retardant label on my first one he used it as a way in and removed most of the stuffing after using the seat cushions as frisbees. Sofa number 2 was an IKEA Lycksele sofabed, second hand from eBay (the only place to get furniture when you have a resident canine tornado). I thought the design was perfect as it had no arms or loose cushions to be vandalised. It endured valiantly for about 3 years, though I had to buy at least 5 new covers between the sofa and matching chair as he used to rip them into neat 2 inch squares bit by bit in the night when I was in bed. He broke at least one slat when doing the wall of death round the living room. Then one day he was using it as a trampoline and he managed to shear the top off the base so it couldn't be folded down and wobbled precariously when you sat on it. So it was back on eBay and I now have an Ikea Beddinge one that is longer so not as much fun to catapult to and from off the chair. Too late as the vinyl flooring in living room has been ruined due to the force he throws himself about when playing scraping the sofa and chair across the floor and ripping the flooring.

10) I have given up buying nice rugs and currently have a £4 offcut down with a big piece of vet fleece on top of it. He's chewed the fringes and corner off a very expensive one, ripped another digging at it because it had different textures and bits that were the colour and shape of a cookie. The loony wouldn't have it that they were not edible! If I don't take him on when he want's my attention, he picks the corner up and eyeballs me. If I ignoe him he starts ripping. He's murder with the fleeces. I have to put them UNDER his cage as if he can get at them when alone in his cage he rips them into neat 2 inch squares. The plastic base of said cage lasted about 4 hours after the courier delivered it. Even the 2 new vetbeds I've had for less than a month have a corner each missing, just as a token of intent I think. In his younger days, he fashioned one into a very convincing sheepskin rug shape.

There are many, many more stories where that came from. Such as having to move the phone wires as he cut me off about 5 times as a puppy. And he goes through at least one pan scourer a week as I forget to put them out of his reach sometimes. Nail brushes suffer the same fate.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Carpets
Curtains *2
Cups
pulled kitchen blinds down off high windows
Ripped Letterboxes off door *2
ripped net curtains
broke handle of a vase

and thats off the top of my head

My dads vowed NEVER to leave him home alone ever again
xionax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-11-2011, 03:15 PM
hey

i dont have a picture but weve got a labrador and when she was a puppy she chewed threw everything shoes, clothes, all our chairs, table legs, sofas etc but the worst was our living room wall (the bay windows) my mum was NOT a happy dog owner when she got back from work to find a massive hole in the wall luckily she laughs over it now and our labradors an angel ) xx
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Just a couple of recent ones. Obv theres all the fluffy toys and shoes etc but these are the main ones by my new pup Stella.

This was a brand new carpet that we had bought. ive still had to put it down in my room. It just has war holes in it now lol
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 04:34 PM
OMG!! I'm shocked at some of the damage Duke has never chewed or destroyed anything apart from his own toys and rex has only chewed abit of a kitchen cupboard, his beds/toys, socks and my fleece to get the treats in my pocket. Maybe i've been lucky!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 04:37 PM
One of mine has just pulled my OH's brand new £800 camera (xmas pressie from me) off the kitchen worktop and smashed the lense.
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >