Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 09:26 AM

Really annoyed - printer issue

I bought a HP printer/scanner in a sale in Jan. I always buy Canons however the HP was smaller & reduced a lot. Scanner works fine & printer used infrequently.

Typed up a 8-page text document yesterday afternoon & darn thing wont print. Ive did all the diagnostics etc - it says there is either a paper jam (nope there isnt) or there is no paper in the tray (yes, there is). Ive tried different paper - no good. When feeding paper through, it pulls the paper to one side & then stops. Logic would say theres something stuck somewhere but its not

Ive no receipt

At the moment its in a bag to go to the tip which is a shame as the scanner works perfectly. Ironically its first time ive bought a printer/scanner combined, i wont again

Anyway its just a moan, tomorrow hopefully i will get out to hunt for a new one & hopefully go back to another Canon.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Did you pay on card? I know lots of shops will accept a bank statement as proof of purchase if you did decide to take it back. Worth a try if you're just going to bin it. Or you could try emailing HP to see if they offer any advice.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Did you pay on card? I know lots of shops will accept a bank statement as proof of purchase if you did decide to take it back. Worth a try if you're just going to bin it. Or you could try emailing HP to see if they offer any advice.
Im 99% its the roller. If it was a laser printer it would be worth a possible repair. You can see the roller is closer to the feeding tray at one side.

No, cash - Christmas money, makes it worse somehow!

Ive a bag of ink cartridges too.....
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Stick the printer on Freecycle so someone can fix it or take it apart for parts, and the ink cartridges on Ebay to recoup a little money? Printers are made so poorly nowadays, seem to be almost disposable - mind you, with the price of ink, it'll get to the point where it's cheaper to replace the printer than buy new cartridges!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Stick the printer on Freecycle so someone can fix it or take it apart for parts, and the ink cartridges on Ebay to recoup a little money? Printers are made so poorly nowadays, seem to be almost disposable - mind you, with the price of ink, it'll get to the point where it's cheaper to replace the printer than buy new cartridges!
With one particular printer that is very correct! Freecycle good idea, someone would probably make use of the scanner. I might try & auction cartridges off for rescue. Some are
shop own brand so wont get much back

Oh well - what do you use yourself? My bro has a wireless epsom (sp) but im quite happy with a deskjet
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 10:05 AM
I print stuff off at work if I need to, cheapskate that I am
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 10:15 AM
I do a lot of printing. After Epson put up their ink prices I bought an HP. Two weeks later I stood at my back door and hurled it down the garden.
I have used Canon printers ever since.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 10:41 AM
I print stuff off at work if I need to, cheapskate that I am

Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I do a lot of printing. After Epson put up their ink prices I bought an HP. Two weeks later I stood at my back door and hurled it down the garden.
I have used Canon printers ever since.
I know how you felt!!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Where did you buy it from? Alot of electrical stores ask for your name & postcode when you buy things, it stays on the system...I had the same problem with my printer, no receipt but luckily they had a record of it instore...worth a try!

Bev
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >