Female 

28-11-2009, 05:59 PM
So pleased to hear Zena is on the mend Bless her x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Really pleased too hear Zena is on the mend. Hope you are soon too.
Thanks Lynn, and I'm over the moon, this could have turned nasty, very nasty I'm sure, but thank goodness, I've got through it, with the help of my Dogsey pals yet again! xxx

Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Fingers crossed Helena for Zena - I have only just heard about this latest crisis, as I haven't been on Dogsey for ages, but I am so sorry to hear about Zena. Tai sends big hugs and lix xx nikki xx
Thanks Nikki, Oh yes, always a crisis going on in this house!!! I think I thrive on it tbh!!! Of course, I've got yellow poo, but at least it was only one day of projectile water, so that's something to be thankful for! I hope Tai is doing well, and thanks for my hugs and lix!xxx

Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Thank goodness Zena is now back to normal - well as normal as your house can get Never a dull moment in your life is there H! Now sit down, deep breath and reeelax

Hugs to Zena and a big hug for Georgie as he too has been a very good lad.

Sue
Thanks Sue, that'll come later, I've just spent a whole hour on myself up in the shower, and I feel oh so much better now, time to put those feet up methinks! I've just cleaned the cooker too, I think I really AM mad!!!! xxxxx

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
So pleased to hear Zena is on the mend Bless her x
Thanks Lou, it's progress, she's eaten and had pills. I started off with that lovely fish but no , and after about 6 more meals, I finally got her to eat some chicken and mash, with great relish too I have to say, and if that's what it takes, that's what she'll get! When she's all better, it'll be a different matter, if she doesn't want it, it'll be going in the bin and she can go hungry, I don't do fussy eaters!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh good I see that she's much better now and I'm so pleased. Just did a quick scan back through the posts and can't see what it was - have you any idea H but the main thing is she's better now
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks H

I honestly don't know, she's still not 100% of course, but she's a heck of a lot better than she was yesterday, so that's progress. I can only assume she picked up some 24 hour bug when we went into the vet's on Thursday night for her check up, or, when she was laying on the floor in the waiting room with her wound touching the floor, it was evening, I don't suppose they'd cleaned up from all the dogs that had been sitting there all day, because of course the wound itself had got infected There's also the possibility like Dave says, that she's had a late reaction to all the drugs she was given during the op, maybe the aneasthetic had only worn off by that time when it first started as I've read that sometimes it can take up to a whole week to get that out of their system, so who knows really?! It could even have been a bug she got when being operated on, bit like we do in our own hospitals, which would mean it's an internal infection behind the wound, thereby making it's way OUT like we saw in all that redness perhaps?

Nothing's simple with me as you well know H, it could be all manner of things, I'm just glad it's going whatever it was!

Haven't got much food into her today, but hopefully she'll feel even better tomorrow, and we're going on another roadwalk around the village before I take her onlead up on the grassy slopes, coz I think she'll go a bit mad and I really don't want that for another week or even more, I want things to heal properly inside her and then she can go nuts again!

Georgie had a lovely bath today, his first since Zena arrived, but I had to do it, his fur was getting very greasy and that starts his scratching off, and I didn't want that! Please make it stop!!!!! Thanks H.xxxxxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2009, 09:18 PM
im so glad things are on the up for you all
Please H,i would only do on lead walks until her external sutures are out, as there are more important ligatures inside(im sure you will)
{{hugs}} to you all.
soon all this will be but a distant memory.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

28-11-2009, 09:33 PM
I hope, Helena, that Zena continues to make progress. Perhaps it was an infection on the wound itself and went into her system. I hope that the redness has all gone now.

Will continue to say a wee prayer for her - and for you.

You take care and more cuddles to the lovely Zena from me and doggy licks from Loki.

Take care
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Both of you are in my prayers tonight- sleep well!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 11:01 AM
SO SOOO SOOOOO glad to be reading this. When are you writing your book H

Honestly folk would read a week in the life of H and Zena and it would cober every emotion possible!!! I don't know how you cope, but then We just have to when its our dogs

Anyway big hugs to you and Zena and hope she continues to improve xxxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2009, 11:09 AM
how is zena this morning helen? xx
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Hope you got a good long sleep!!
Page 9 of 22 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »