Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Absolutely complain, to them at least as you say. Tell them you intend to approach the local newspapers too!
Good thought BD !
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Good idea Dawn, especially if my apology is not as good as expected, I want a LETTER this time, not ME having to phone them like I did the first time, I want a reply to my letter when I've sent it, and it'll be going don't you worry!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 09:51 PM
oh helen i can only begin to imagine how utterly fed up and distressed you are with all this. friends of mine (the ones who have experience with these vets) are going to hear all about zena at the weekend and i hope i can persuade them to complain too. i'm going to ask around at work too, i work for the local college and see if i can drum up more support for you. this place needs to be brought to task.

what i find so scary too is the fact zena was in tip top health before all this began. it doesn't bear thinking about had she not have been.

hugs to you all. xxxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 09:54 AM
How is Zena this morning? I hope she is okay and you are too.
xxx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

03-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Hello Helena - hope all is well with Zena today. Been thinking about her and my good wishes going to her and to you as well.

Take care and hugs from me and doggy licks to Zena from Loki. xxxx
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Hope you and Zena are both well today, thinking of you both x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks Claire, and I really must speak to you over the week-end, pity we can't meet up, but Zena isn't quite ready yet for anything boistrous, coz I really want to do this properly as you can imagine with my luck of late!!! I'll be in touch and you can tell me that horror story if ya like, I've prepared myself now!!!xxxx

Thanks for asking Lucky, thanks Rose and Kobebear too.
Well, last night saw a sudden and dramatic change in Zena, she was back to her normal, manic self and ALL night long! This morning, she was a bit quiet and although she didn't want to eat, I wasn't bothered that much, so decided to take them both up on the top for an onlead walk on the grass for a change, coz Georgie has his spanking new boots and he needed a good run, and blimey, I've never seen him walk so fast, he set off at 90mph with me being dragged on Zena's lead!!!

When I got back from shopping, she wouldn't eat I swear she's got something wrong in that mouth, so I will be getting it checked out somehow. So I defrosted some tripe and tempted her with it, half fed her with it, but eventually she woofed half a packet down, so that's good I don't have to worry so much for the rest of the day now. I took her on another walk just now, around the roads and she's full of beans, and although a bit tired now, coz we've done 2 x 20 min walks today, she can sleep the rest of the day and hopefully, she'll be nutty again tonight, it was a real joy to see her like that once again, so I played with her most of the night, but very gently of course!

Wound is still pink, but not red and angry and those gums are also pink which is good too!

Dare I say it then, we could be on the mend now???!!! Thanks all, you've been a rock for me, all of you.xxxxxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Helena

I can't beleive what has been going on with poor Zena. Great to hear that she has improved today and that zoomies may resume shortly......Love and hugs as ever.....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks Rach, I just want my puppy back, no matter how much she drives me up the wall sometimes, it'll be nice to get her back, and I know it's gonna take some time, but I really didn't expect all of this, and it's not our fault either! xxx
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 12:36 PM
So sorry to read about the problems with your vets. Last Saturday my vets had an open day & I was really impressed by their facilities. They hav a pre-op area where the dogs are shaved so that the clippings do not get into the sterile operating theatres. Their cages are beautifully clean We were allowed to visit all the areas except the MRI scan which you could only see through the window & one of the operating theatres which was kept locked in case it needed to be used in an emergency.Wish it were our emergency out of hours place but its not. Only nurses stay on duty overnight with vets on call. The out of hours is ok but not as good as my own vets.
I can't see any harm can come of polite complaining, I know of other dogs who have had reactions to internal stiching but it has not caused the problems you have had.Hope all goes well from now on.
Page 16 of 22 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »