Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-07-2005, 03:46 PM

Completely fake!

Went to the local farmers' market yesterday, with both dogs - I had Kali, Mrs S had Snorri. At one point, they dogs were about 15 yards apart, and Snorri started a howling match with his brother. He shot out to the end of his lead (he only managed it because Mrs S has just had fairly serious surgery on her leg). Anyway, an old crone with a walking stick walked in front and collapsed theatrically, near him. Mrs S took Snorri back to our car; I went to the stall of a friend. The woman shot up from her seat, bent over the wrong dog and told him he needed shooting. I started to explain and apologise, but she wasn't listening at all. When she caught on to the idea that Snorri is epileptic (which makes him just a little more excitable), she said "All the more reason to shoot him, then!". I'm afraid I didn't really advance the cause of dog ownership (it would have made no difference, anyway) - I told her to f*** off and that I'd had enough of her, then walked away.

Having been reliant on a walking stick to get about, for over 4 years, I have done a fair bit of falling over things, more than enough to recognise a fake fall when I see one. Snorri didn't touch her, nor did his lead. Not only did she fall too easily, she managed to land very, very comfortably on her skinny a**e. My experience of tripping over dogs (and I do have some!) is that I go down flat on my face with no chance of landing on any soft bits. If you are disabled, it's fairly easy to detect someone faking it (you'll have to take my word for it!).

If there's one thing I hate, it's seeing a disabled person (if she was, which I doubt) giving the rest of us a bad name. To try to say that this was Snorri-dog's fault is, IMO, the same as blaming the dog for one's own breaking wind at a dinner party.

The stall-holder friend has asked me not to bring the dogs back (and I won't), because he's afraid that this woman may try to claim for her fake accident. If she does, it's FRAUD, pure and simple. And both Mrs S and I will not hesitate to say so to the insurance people.

NB - both dogs were on leads at the time, and nobody was either bitten or bashed into. What bothers me is that others who saw it may have been fooled by the fall, and blame my Snorri, but, of course, they saw it with the eyes of able-bodied people: it may have been good enough to fool them, but not to fool me!

It may well be that she gets Disability Living Allowance (as do I), but the speed with which she stood up to slag me and Kali suggests that, if she does get DLA, she shouldn't. I'm an ex-fraud officer for the DWP, I know the standards only too well, and I've seen every trick in the book (and some not in the book!).

Beware of this sort of fraudulent accident!

Snorri
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 03:52 PM

Wot an old hag (sp?) Why is there always someone out there, who have to do such stupid things

Sorry you had that experience Snorri.. And as you say, she has probablely fooled a lot of the people around you

Stupid woman..
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

31-07-2005, 04:00 PM
You tell her Snorri!!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 04:04 PM
aww what a terrible experience for you and what a nasty woman she was
what is wrong with people these days will they go to any length to get something,pity she didnt fall somewhere else and break her neck
BorderCollieLvr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 04:09 PM
stoopid old crow shes the one who needs shooting, god when i've fallen over my dogs its strait on my face lol.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by BorderCollieLvr
stoopid old crow shes the one who needs shooting, .
I did think of saying that, but it didn't seem worth the effort!

Snorri
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Unfortunately,some people watch them infernal adverts on tv about no cost claims and see pound signs infront of their eyes when an opportunity comes their way.

I agree with the others-stupid old crow!
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 04:33 PM
A few years ago when my old collie cross ben was alive we were walking him and poppy on leads.A weekend dad came along with spoilt kid on a new bike ,and when it saw the dogs it fell off the bike about 15 feet away from the dogs!!
The dad was a long way behind so assumed the kid had been knocked of his bike by the dogs.I soon put him straight n pointed out i was in more control of my dogs than he was of his kid!!
People like this make me sick, so go for it snorri!!expose all the fakers!!
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 04:39 PM
haveing fallen a few tomes over mine and slo being disbled and walking with a fischer stick,, i totaly agree with you snorri i have always landed in my face too except when tyson head buts me in the back of the kees then i just go down like a ton of bricks on my knees ,,
old bag if ya see her again tell her a freind caught it in video tape and that should shut the old bag up
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2005, 04:49 PM
OMG COW! (Want to use something stronger!)

I pray to God nothing comes of this old hag's attempt at money making.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >