Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 08:39 AM

Fake Balls....!!!!!

Honestly, am I reading correctly???

'Q) Is there any way to neuter my dog without making him look like he has been neutered?

A) There are prosthetic testicles available which can be placed inside the scrotum following removal of the testicles. Prosthetic testicle placement is not performed by most veterinarians, and will alter the cost of the surgery significantly. '

source 'infovets.com'
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:05 AM
I believe they are called Neuticles! I have heard a story where the man of the house (this is in the states) refused to have the dog neutered saying his behaviour would improve as he got older. The women of the house waited until the man had gone away and had the dog neutered but had the neuticles put in so the man didn't notice! He did notice an improvement in the dogs behaviour though lol!
Another story where a breeder thought her dog had only one and so had another one put in. The dog was shown by a handler until one day the judge kept feeling between the dogs legs and sure enough the dog had three, the retained one had finally dropped! The breeder had never told the handler that they'd put a fake one in!
Becky
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I believe they are called Neuticles! I have heard a story where the man of the house (this is in the states) refused to have the dog neutered saying his behaviour would improve as he got older. The women of the house waited until the man had gone away and had the dog neutered but had the neuticles put in so the man didn't notice! He did notice an improvement in the dogs behaviour though lol!
Another story where a breeder thought her dog had only one and so had another one put in. The dog was shown by a handler until one day the judge kept feeling between the dogs legs and sure enough the dog had three, the retained one had finally dropped! The breeder had never told the handler that they'd put a fake one in!
Becky
I am lost for words. I wonder if anyone over here has had it done
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Yep its one of those weird American things, that will probably catch on here soon
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:55 AM
I have heard of this stupid thing being done. It must be an American macho man thing. Don't want the perceived trouble of an entire dog, but want to retain the image of maleness and virility. Crazy, but then a lot of things Americans come up with are off the wall. Lets hope it doesn't catch on here.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Definitely a male thing. Not sure if it's just American men (and I'd wager it's more American men from the south -- they seem to be more "macho man cowboy" types who care about such nonsense). But it's definitely tied into the whole "I can't cut his balls off" BS. I'm not sure why some men feel that neutering their dog = neutering themselves. lol

Here's the website: http://neuticles.com/
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 12:14 PM
And apparently it's not just the USA:

Over 250,000 pets have been neutered with Neuticles in all 50 states and 49 countries Worldwide by over 25,000 veterinary clinics and hospitals without a single reported complication when implanted as directed.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
And apparently it's not just the USA:

Over 250,000 pets have been neutered with Neuticles in all 50 states and 49 countries Worldwide by over 25,000 veterinary clinics and hospitals without a single reported complication when implanted as directed.
Ah well - theres nowt so queer as folks.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 02:30 PM
It'll catch on here, in the show ring no doubt.

Absolutely shocking
Outis
New Member!
Male 

17-07-2010, 02:40 PM
I've heard of this before - a woman that lives down the street from me wants her English Bulldog neutered but wants to leave his 'package' - she says it keeps the 'bulldog swagger'.

Pretty ridiculous to me. I tend toward female dogs, but I always get any dog spayed/neutered totally .... none of this neuticles crap.

Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Definitely a male thing. Not sure if it's just American men (and I'd wager it's more American men from the south -- they seem to be more "macho man cowboy" types who care about such nonsense). But it's definitely tied into the whole "I can't cut his balls off" BS. I'm not sure why some men feel that neutering their dog = neutering themselves. lol

Here's the website: http://neuticles.com/
It's not just a southern 'macho man cowboy' thing, the vast majority of people down here plain don't know how to treat dogs. I don't know how New York is with mosquitoes (I've only been there in the deep winter months when they'd be dormant anyway), but here if you don't have a dog on heart worm preventative then she'll die before she's 5. I don't know how many people I've known that don't care to get their dog on heart worm preventative down here and then wonder why their dogs die so young. And I couldn't count the number of people (usually the redneck-y types) smacking their dogs around and yelling at them. It pisses me off.

And I live in a huge, modern city with significantly lower rates of the typical southern redneck than other areas. I can't imagine how things are in the rural south.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >