Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 08:44 PM

Help please

I could do with a little bit of advice here. My parents have brought a table and four chairs, in a redwood/mahogany finish. It cost £459 the set was delivered last week and the table was marked quite badly chips etc etc and blisters in the wood. The chairs were fine - they agreed to have another table it was delivered today and it too has marks, chips small blisters on it not as bad but still there and noticable.

What are their rights? can they get their money back?
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Absolutely - Sale of Goods Act, not fit for purpose etc.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Ta Dinah's mom I should know that with my line of work - but my mind went blank.

Karen
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 08:59 PM
yeah its def not on so get a refund for sure
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

25-02-2005, 10:53 PM
If it ever had to go to court the fact that you rejected the goods when you found they were faulty, but the shop pursuaded you that they would put it right by offering you a replacement goes in your favour. And as they they failed to put it right, you are entitled to a refund, even if it goes over a month after you first purchased them. I doubt any court would disagree if it reached that far.

Where's Tessa these days - I think shes a legal eagle!
mark68
New Member!

25-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Have u got any proof that they said they would repair it
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Whoops I think I may not have made it clear they saw display table and chairs and were told their order would take 2-3 weeks until delivery (ie brand new) this arrived last Friday and the table was immediatley seen to be "faulty/marked" by the delivery men who removed the wrapping and my parents. The delivery men phoned the shop and were told another would be despatched the following Friday ie today 25/2 and to leave the "damaged one" with my parents to use until the new one came. Mom and Dad never used the table and another was delivered today not as bad as the first but bad enough you can see the marks/dents etc. But different delivery men and they did not wait around.
Mom has phoned them this afternoon but they did not ring her back as promised. So I can see me going in to get her money back tomorrow. They have had a chance to rectify the problem and haven't and the delivery man who came today said "We have trouble with these." Mom assumed he meant the table as he was carrying the first one out at the time.
Karen
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-02-2005, 11:27 PM
..also if it was paid for with a credit card and it cost over £50 it is covered by that anyway.
mark68
New Member!

25-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Would just get ya money back and shop somewhere else
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
the delivery men who removed the wrapping and my parents.
removed ya parents? I wouldn't have that!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >