View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Personally, I'd be careful fitting anything to a pc you're gettting off Dell. If anything goes wrong, they'll blame the fact that you've fitted something yourself and it will void the warranty.

It happened to me, so be careful
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Personally, I'd be careful fitting anything to a pc you're gettting off Dell. If anything goes wrong, they'll blame the fact that you've fitted something yourself and it will void the warranty.

It happened to me, so be careful
hmmmm i get ya!!!

but i dont know whether the extra £111 for an extra 1 meg ram is worth it...will i really need it or should i upgrade later...
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
inspiron 6400
1 or 2mg RAM 80gig Hard drive 15.4 inch widescreen with vista.... its in the small business section as im getting it for the shop so you need to add 17.5% VAT aswell...
I see it has two 512 DDR2 ram strips, therefore it can only have 2 slots, so I assume they are gonna fit 2x1 gig strips.
Don't think you're gonna save much if you upgrade yourself.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
I see it has two 512 DDR2 ram strips, therefore it can only have 2 slots, so I assume they are gonna fit 2x1 gig strips.
Don't think you're gonna save much if you upgrade yourself.
looks like it would only be about £50 , may as well get them to fit it so any warranty isnt excluded...

Thanks for all your help hun!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 08:49 PM
As soon as you change anything, you'll void the warranty. Pay the extra for the memory now, it'll be worth it in the long run
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 08:51 PM
It all depends on what you want the laptop to do. I have a 1 gig memory and it copes with everything I throw at it. The only time it's a little slow is if I'm downloading something as well as doing other things, but it isn't that noticable.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
It all depends on what you want the laptop to do. I have a 1 gig memory and it copes with everything I throw at it. The only time it's a little slow is if I'm downloading something as well as doing other things, but it isn't that noticable.
Well this is it...im only gonna be using it for Microsoft Office applications like word, publisher, excel etc and have internet open at same time...this is why i didnt know whether i should get 1 or 2 mg???
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2007, 12:06 AM
For what your going to pay upgrading I'd go for the 1 gig for the time being. You can always upgrade once to warranty is up if you think it's necessary
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2