Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Hi Jenny,

I dont think there is anything particularly wrong with the jag, providing it works for you and your happy with it, but it does have quite a few side effects (have you ever read all the side effects out from the leaflets ) and having had bad personal exeperiences with it along with several friends and a friend of my colleague I would be inclined to tell somebody who was thinking about it to stick with the pill.

Laura
Hayley
Dogsey Senior

16-02-2005, 04:38 PM
I was on the depo provera injection and suffered terribly with various side affects. I put on 2 stone in weight, developed acne for the first time in my life at 25 years old. I also suffered with terrible mood swings, lost all interest in sex and started bursting into tears at the slightest thing.

Since coming off of the injection and going onto migrogynon I have managed to lose the weight again, my skin has totally cleared up (apart from the odd one once a month) and I'm back to my usual happy self!!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 06:59 PM
I had the same problems on Depo Hayley, other than the acne.

I know I have a temper, but when I was taking Depo, I could of quite happily killed someone, and that's no exageration
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Thats it im not taking it anymore, cant deal with these side affects, im the same wolfie, im in such a foul mood, for no reason, just gave my brother and gf hell for no reason, now i feel like crying
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm on microgynon 30. Been on it since I was 17.
The only side effect it had for me was increase my bust size :d (you can't tell though...i'm still tiny!)

My friend has had a coil fitted, and thinks it is wonderful!
The only side effect she had was she got stomach pains for a few days after it was fitted.

My sister can't take most pills, as she is allergic to oestrogen, and she can't have a coil fitted, even under general anasthetic, as her cervix is tilted
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 10:53 PM
what r the side effects to the pill injection? youve got me worried now
Hayley
Dogsey Senior

17-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Yep I was a total monster!! Mat and I had only just started going out together when I changed onto the Injection and its a miracle that we stayed together I was so awful.

I remember trying to explain to him that I thought it was the injection but he couldn't see how something little like that could have such an effect on a person but I did some research on the internet and found a site where literally hundreds of women had written about how they felt on it etc, I printed it out and showed him and then went to the doctor the following day.

Unfortunately you have to wait until the jab you have had wears off (3 months) before you can change but the change in me was pretty immediate when I went back on the pill and I've been fine ever since!!

On the other side of the coin though I know a couple of friends who swear by the injection so I guess its the same as everything - okay for some and not for others!!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Wolfie & Hayley I had the same effects when I was on the Depo jag too. I put on about 2 stone also and had the mood swings but like Wolfie not the acne. I used to feel ill all the time. I have a few friends who were on it and experienced considerable effects too.

Jenny ask at the doctors the next time for a leaflet on the side effects it is about two pages all in all.

But again what works for one and all that.

Laura
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2005, 03:13 PM
I was on Dianette and didn't get on with it at all. I was always tired and looked like death warmed up.

After 2 kids I've now had the safest possible contraceptive and that's have the imobiliser fitted lol
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Best contraception ever (that's if you never, ever want kids) is have you 'back boiler' out.

Should hand it out on prescription!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >