Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by Roxy
Im more a horror fan!
Me to I went to see Blair Witch with my son and after all the hype local radio was interviewing people coming out of the cinema I though it was soooo tame and when asked by the girl interviewing if we found it scary and exciting said "Scary.. sadly not and I have had more excitement taking the top off a boiled egg " I don't know if they broadcasted it or not, I think son hid ... don't know why it wasn't norty
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2005, 02:45 PM
ROTFLMFAO @ Mini. I didnt find that too bad either.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Blair Witch? Thought the name was Cherie...........

Snorri
Rosievelvet
Dogsey Junior

16-02-2005, 11:55 PM
However, I don't think that SG-1, good as it is, quite matches the original film. I.m a Star Trek person, myself - and Star Wars, too (the originals are better than the new ones).
I agree with you, originals are best. Rather than tell my age I shall say that I prefer Capt'n Kirk and Mr Spock!!!! Did you or are you watching Battlestar Galactica? I just couldnt get into it and it wasnt for the want of trying, it just seemed soooo slow. Gave up on it.

I shall look out for the book you mention. Most of my reading came through Tolkien and Terry Brooks. Ive tried Terry Patchett but couldnt get into his.

Horror - glad someone gave a review about the White Noise as I have been wanting to see it. Think I will give it a miss. The otheer film that I have seen clips of is "Lets meet the Fockers" - very naughty sounding title! Has anyone seen it and is it as funny as it looks?

Does anyone watch "Charmed"? Must say from dishy Julian McMahon left it to take on "Nip and Tuck", Charmed lost a bit of its appeal [for me] but I like the whole idea and wouldn't miss it.

RV
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

17-02-2005, 12:42 AM
I liked the original stargate film too!

loved Matrix! Kind of gone of star trek tho..

Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

17-02-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Im more a horror fan!
Me to I went to see Blair Witch with my son and after all the hype local radio was interviewing people coming out of the cinema I though it was soooo tame and when asked by the girl interviewing if we found it scary and exciting said "Scary.. sadly not and I have had more excitement taking the top off a boiled egg " I don't know if they broadcasted it or not, I think son hid ... don't know why it wasn't norty
The scariest movie I saw was Hellraiser, although it doesnt scare me now, the first time I saw it, it scared the life out of me. I think it just remindeded me of childhood nightmares of things from hell coming out of the walls to get me!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

17-02-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
Blair Witch? Thought the name was Cherie...........

Snorri
Im with your Snorri SHE IS THE ORIGINAL BLAIR WITCH!
Meg
Supervisor

17-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Snorri here was me thinking your were an old school chum of TB and his lovely wife

Roxy I don't get scared by not real type films like Hellraiser, the first time I saw 'The Shining' and ghostly things like the old version of 'The Legend of Hill House' and 'The Turn of the Screw' I found them far more scarey. Reading is the most scary though ..like Susans Hills 'The Woman in Black
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2005, 11:01 PM

The scariest movie I saw was Hellraiser, although it doesnt scare me now, the first time I saw it, it scared the life out of me. I think it just remindeded me of childhood nightmares of things from hell coming out of the walls to get me!
One of the best horror movies ever, along with the original Texas chainsaw massacre.
Rosievelvet
Dogsey Junior

17-02-2005, 11:04 PM
eRaze - Matrix - I had to really watch it to understand it. Its not unpleasant having to watch Keanu Reeves tho!! Wish I was agile like that.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >