Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2024, 07:29 AM

Tuesday 20th February 2024

Morning all. Yep another day has arrived. Hope you all had a good day yesterday. If you click on the ilnk you will see at last a pic of my ickle pup. We couldn't have the name that we wanted so she is now Westcrofts Glitter in The Air aka Seija.
Have a good day everyone.

http://www.westcroftervuren.com/seija.html
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2024, 09:30 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Your pup is beautiful brenda. It's lovely you have found you can post pics of her by a link, maybe we will be able to continue to see her grow.

Not much on today nice bit of time off now before we are back to Freya sitting duties.
We were really flagging yesterday, one day back after a hard two days in Yorkshire, then two days on the trot for Freya.
Today not much catching up with washing a bird box to clean and hang some others.
General tidying but mostly taking it easy today.
I often wonder now how I managed all that I used to do then I remember I was a good deal younger.

Sue I hope your day isn't too busy.
Chris I hope Ted is still recovering well and all is quiet on the Gary front.
griff I hope your day goes well.
Kazz I hope you have a nice day also.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Good morning Brenda Lynn and all who follow

Lovely puppy Brenda look forward to updates as she grows

Yes take it easy today Lynn but at least you now have a long break to look forward to and may be leser Freya siting to look forward to.

Hoe both you Chris and `Kelly are ok.

Up early again today. Ben to station, girls to school, Teazle walked and been to the library. Now coffee time. Picking up from school this afternoon and taking Maria to gymnastics
Ben will pick her up once I have collected him from the station. Think tomorrow it is quiet

Take care everyone/
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2024, 12:14 PM
Afternoon all
Steve spoke to his boss about taking some unpaid leave yesterday...he was referred to see another manager who had gone home ( early afternoon) so he will try again today. The guy he is having to see is the one who told him if he took anymore time off, he would lose his job....the guy is a thief and a bully. He can say no now but come April he won't be able to do anything as Steve can have 5 days unpaid as a carer.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2024, 12:18 PM
Oooh Sue you are busy again, hope you get your restful day tomorrow.
griff I hope Steve gets the leave he needs.

We have done some pottering in the garden, cleaned out the bird box the Blue Tits were using last year, unfortunately 3 dead babies, we think they must of have been a 2nd clutch.
Maybe a cat scared them off. Or anything could have happened to the parents I guess.
It's all ready to go again this year and the two new ones we have put up.
Also potted up the snowdrops and aconites we bought at the weekend and the Primroses.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2024, 02:50 PM
Words for today: Butte and Sifika, I play solitaire scrabble, stops me from thinking to much. Things have escalated some what. His sister is taking him to some care home in some place miles away from Me and his brother. She has also said that she won't let us know when he passes away. How can someone do that?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2024, 03:09 PM
Brenda, we will do the same with my dad's family...well they will get ta card saying he has gone, other than that.... nothing. The only thing I can suggest is googling his name and hopefully there will be an announcement but for whatever reason she doesn't seem to want anyone to know. You didn't get a power of attorney Put in place when he was diagnosed did you?? If you have a power of attorney I think that means you make his decisions for him and this would include care homes. Do you know if he has a social worker?? Perhaps a call to them, I don't see why she wants to isolate him from his brother ( I thought he put his brother as next of kin at hospital?)
Lynn, I need to get our bird box down before they head back
Steve has a week off from tomorrow, I am paying his rent and bills for the week, we will see the Dr too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2024, 03:37 PM
Glad Steve got the time off griff, sorry it is at your expense.
brenda wow what a b***h, sorry but she really is if she can do that.
Regardless of the situation you are still his wife and his brother is still his brother.
Things like that make me suspicious of what that person is really up to.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2024, 03:39 PM
Kelly yes he has a social worker. But his sister seems to know which strings to pull. I just have no idea any more. Lynn, probably money. Hey ho I will just have to wait until the carer gets back to me. Which at the moment I am waiting for a call from her. But how long does one wait. Catchup tomorrow. Had enough now. Have a good rest of the afternoon and then evening everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2024, 04:12 PM
Good afternoon all.

Our usual today. It's a bit full on with Ted as he absolutely hates having the surgical suit put on. Full on biting mode and trying to get a muzzle on him is virtually impossible. The suit can stay off for good on Friday thank heavens. Recovery wise the wound is doing great but he's had the runs for the last couple of days so I stopped his metacam yesterday. It's the only thing that I think could have caused it.

Gary is being great at the moment (touch wood and anything else that might keep him on an even keel)

The dizzies have eased a lot but still catch me now and then.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >